First of all, before I get to my question, let me ask you these questions:
1. Definition, how would you defined Digital Harshness?
2. Assuming that Digital Harshness can only exist in the signal path, within the constrained and/or realm of CDP/DAC and Pre/Pro, how likely pre/pro be the reason for it?
3. Recording quality - remastered versus recent (10 years or less) - how much of it matters?
4. Introduction of tubes into the chain - softening or coloring the sound, what is the true measure?
5. Lastly, can it develop over time due to changing characteristics/burn-in of tubes, if the CDP is in the chain, thus increasing the likelihood of the presence of Digital Harshness?