Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denon AVR 1010

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Denon AVR 1010

I was scanning the auction site last night and ran across this as a local sale. From what I have been able to gather it is a prologic only AVR made in about 1990 that does 35w x 3 OR 100w x 2. (How does the 3 channel work - I thought even the original pro logic was 4 channel with mono surrounds) If the price were right would this make a half decent stereo rcvr? I am thinking of it as a possibility for a pair of monitor 5 jrs. Does anyone have any info on how much this should go for or if it is even worth considering?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by labrat
    From what I have been able to gather it is a prologic only AVR made in about 1990 that does 35w x 3 OR 100w x 2. (How does the 3 channel work - I thought even the original pro logic was 4 channel with mono surrounds)
    It's possible that this Pro-Logic receiver has a mode called "Dolby 3 stereo", where the receiver generates a center-channel signal for systems without surround speakers. I have a Technics Pro-Logic receiver, which I currently use as a headphone amp, that have this mode.

I too have a pro logic rcvr that will do 3 channel logic - should have thought of that.

I also have a Denon AVR 1403 - rated at 70w x 5. By my way of thinking the 1010 should sound very similar when played in stereo as I would use it. Has anyone ever used this or other vintage (~1990) Denon's that could verify this for me?

Thanks,

Scott

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Also could be that it only has three ch's of internal amp, but pre-outs for two surround ch's...

MSRP: $1,000.00
    USED: $185.00
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Tour,

Thanks for the pricing info. If it goes cheap I will be all over it but it seems that for close to 200 there are a lot of other good options - or am I missing something special about this one?

Scott

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Scott,

I know nothing of this piece specifically. Price info was straight out of a price guide to which I have access.

If you want more info on the 1010, Denon has a pretty good "older models" section on their web-site.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Since I won't have a chance to audition this AVR, does anyone know how the older Denon's sound compares to the newer versions?

Scott

Thread Information