Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Default Infinity vs Polk Audio?

I am extremely new to the audio world, knowing very little to even begin hoping to be of some contribution to this site. I have only been in stores to demo low-end speakers *ie BestBuy, CC* so my experience with sound is rather limited.

I have wasted at least 1k and a half on stuff I simply dont use, its either been tossed completely, sold, or given to my parents who truely dont care and think Im insane for laying down any cash for audio.

I have yet to demo anything high-end, such as B&W (which seems to be the most common name when one speaks of quality), Paradigm, Energy, Martin Logans and what not...

Truthfully, the best thing I have heard were the top of the line Polk RTS series and the Infinity Interlude series. These companies seem to focus on those of us who have modest budgets, and dont venture off to create anything that could compete with the "true audiophile" flagships.

However, it seems as if Infinity and Polk Audio have the same marketing plan and sell their speakers within the same price range. I personally prefer Polk Audio over Infinity simply because of the amount of energy the polk produces. Infinity seems to be more for someone who is not out for sheer volume, but instead, is out to experience quality.

As low end as these may be to many of you, I am wondering just how do these two brands compare in your eyes? If someone was to offer you the Polk RTS system or the Infinity Interlude system, which would you choose and why?

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Heres how I see it,
    Polk just makes a completely better sounding speaker then Infinity does.I don't care for them at all, if you gave me a complete theater package from them, I wouldn't even take them out of the boxes.I would give them to someone else who doesn't own a speaker package.Owning them would be better then nothing.
    You are Insane for spending so much money on audio gear.But don't worry your not alone.I'm more nuts then most.
    Get out there and start demoing the better lines, it's fun,depressing to when you can't afford to get into them.I would go down to your local Tweeter store and start there.They are a step up from your Best Buys and Circuit city's.
    Have fun and happy listening.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Four years ago I wanted to upgrade my outdated floorstanding Infinity 2000II speakers with something smaller in size and more efficient, basically I was looking for bookshelf speakers. I went into a local shop (not BB or CC) to audition some newer Infinities and the salesguy turned me on to Polks. The sound difference between the two was amazing to me. Infinity makes decent speakers, but so do lots of other companies. I bought the Polks because they sounded ALOT better to me. If I had to choose again, I'd still go with Polk. Have fun, take some time, and audition as many as you can. Go with what sounds best to you.

I may be a hard-core Klipsch fan..But I will say that Polk is WAY better then Infinity. Polk is the best out of all the mass market crap sold at chain stores. (And the fact that polk is sold at a chain store does not mean they are crap) And it's true, Infinity looks better.

They look better then a lot of stuff. But that doesn't mean anything. Polk's better.

I find Infinity way too bright on the highs, but that's just me. I think some people buy them for the "bling bling" factor, but that's just me.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200

Thread Information