Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 293 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 8782

Member Sales Rating: (31)

I played BF2 almost every day till Team Fortress 2 came out. Before that it was the original DOD.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (4)

If I installed BF2 again I would be playing it all the time. I spent more time modding and map testing than actually playing. I thought the original BF2 sounds could use ALOT of improvement so I changed 80-90% of them. Took a long time do some of the sounds as I actually went to firing ranges with tons of different weapons and captured their sounds that way. Other sounds I took from movies,random videos, that had exceptional sound quality. Took some time to do 1st and 3rd person sounds for everything. The modding process did become very tedious, but the final outcome was worth it. The advantage of knowing the game engine pretty well was that if I got tired of a certain weapon or vehicle (ground or air) I could add almost anything I wanted from other mods. One of my favorite additions was the Javelin and some modded sniper rifles. I could shoot the nuts off a knat from over 1000 yards if the visibility allowed for it in BF2. Man this game brings back some memories.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I still play BF2, mostly because it's not restricted to infantry. Love shooting down those choppers with a jet and sneaking behind an enemy jet when they don't expect it... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    I still play BF2, mostly because it's not restricted to infantry. Love shooting down those choppers with a jet and sneaking behind an enemy jet when they don't expect it... :)
    I liked putting c4 on the helos and planes and letting them take off. Right after they got in the air I would blow em' up,lol. I was the opposite.....I liked shooting down planes with the chopper. The only plane that ever gave me issues was the SR-71 and a Mig in the AIX mod. Those planes were almost to fast at times. Anything else was no issue. My favorite plane was the A-10 with the vulcan cannon. I loved flying that plane and mowing down anything that was on the ground. Not the fastest plane but imo was the most fun. I love how the gun sounds when fired. Just awesome.

I'm going to post some ss I have ingame from BF2. Will take me a few to post as I am converting a video right now so almost all available resources are doing that.
    Last edited by BigMac; 08-18-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Here are some ingame ss. Some are basic ss and some are with weapons I added,uniforms changed, etc.

Me mowing guys down

Death from above

modded weapon and uniform I added

modded weapon and uniform I added

another gun I added

821 meter head shot coming right up.....only saw him cause he moved slightly

Portable gatlin gun I added......I know it's to heavy to really carry but was very fun anyway

Mod that allowed you to ride on the chopper like this for fast insertions

A mod that allowed you to shoot gas rockets from a Blackhawk

Dropped a nuke a little to low and killed myself trying to get a ss of it

another ss of a nuke I dropped but this time I am far enough away to not get killed

different planes I added to Wake Island to experiment with

different planes I added to Wake Island to experiment with

napalm I added to a plane

added motorcycles

added snow (and rain) to a few maps way back in the day to see if it would work

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    I liked putting c4 on the helos and planes and letting them take off. Right after they got in the air I would blow em' up,lol. I was the opposite.....I liked shooting down planes with the chopper. The only plane that ever gave me issues was the SR-71 and a Mig in the AIX mod. Those planes were almost to fast at times.
    I only play the standard scenarios so I've never had a chance to fly those. I still haven't met anyone who could shoot me down with a chopper unless I've slowed down to crawling speed or are hovering with the plane.

Sweet looking pictures, made me put my pedals back in their place so I can fly properly. Are some of them from BF2: Special Forces? I have not played that version in ages. Never got into BF2142 either. Are they coming up with a new version soon for PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    I only play the standard scenarios so I've never had a chance to fly those. I still haven't met anyone who could shoot me down with a chopper unless I've slowed down to crawling speed or are hovering with the plane.

Sweet looking pictures, made me put my pedals back in their place so I can fly properly. Are some of them from BF2: Special Forces? I have not played that version in ages. Never got into BF2142 either. Are they coming up with a new version soon for PC?
    All the pics are from BF2. I liked planes and they were fun but my things was the helos. I was one of those that could jump in the backseat if I was flying by myself and use the missle to take out planes or helos. Of course when I switched back to the main seat the chopper would be in a death spin but that was easy to get back under control. The thing I liked was when planes locked onto me I would do a 360 in the chopper and bail so the missle lock would be lost then I would get back in. Very hard to do and takes alot of practice.

A bunch of the maps are from the Mercenaries mod which Hayabusa made and the others are stock (almost all Mercenaries maps will play in stock BF2). He is pretty much THE man for maps in BF2. When I was modding I could take anything from stock BF2,SF,MW,any BF2 mod,any map, any anything.I just had to add it to or take it away from my personal mod (some things are very easy to add and others take quite some time). I only released my version to close friends. It's not in good taste to take apart someone elses mod and then post it for others to d/l. They put in alot of hard work on coding and models and they needed to get the credit. Of course after playing various BF2 mods you will have your favorite weapons and vehicles you like to use. I would take my favorites and add them to my personal mod. When I did post links to my mod at various times I had to get permission from the mod dev. team. I have tried out almost every weapon,vehicle,uniform,sounds,effects, etc. from all the BF2 mods released. I taught myself to mod by trial and error. I picked it up very quickly thanks to some very good teachers.
    Last edited by BigMac; 08-18-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default ??????????????????

Shouldn't these great pictures be in a VIDEO GAMES thread???????

Quote Originally Posted by xj4094dg View Post
    I was just posting pics then it turned into a conversation. I suppose you are correct. Did not think to start a whole BF2 thread since it's an old game. :D

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

He posted pictures in a pictures thread. I see no problem here. Move along...

Moar bf2 pix!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zingo View Post
    He posted pictures in a pictures thread. I see no problem here. Move along...
    ????!!!!!?????

Screen shots of video games, not pictures...

????!!!!!?????

Screen shots of video games, not pictures...
    So a screen shot is not a picture?

It's not the random photograph thread. ;)

How about less crying, and more pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    So a screen shot is not a picture?

It's not the random photograph thread. ;)

How about less crying, and more pictures.

OK. You win...
    Attached Images  
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Here are some more from BF2. All the rest of my ss were on a different hd that died.

I participated in the Crysis beta and of course I had to take the demo apart to see what made it tick. I combined the Crysis and stock BF2 uniforms and this is what came out.

Tank drop. The chute needed to be bigger so I added a bigger one. No ss of the larger chute though.

Get off me ass chicken!!

This is when I was playing with 129 total bots. The map just started. Gameplay was insane!!

This enemy is pulling a Chris Angel.

Hey, can I bum a smoke?

The enemy got owned.

A billboard I thought was funny.

THE man for BF2 maps.

Me mowing down some bots. This bot would not die and kept asking for his mommy.

Me flying with a guy ready for a quick insertion.

You want some?????

Me and the enemy both calling in airstrikes on each other,lol.

Me screwin' around with the boat underwater.

Blood mod gone wrong!!

These just came from Carpool. Not a bad detail job.

Messin' around with different planes and helicopters on the flight deck.

Napalm from a distance

Nothing special, just me on the move.

I miss the pics of chicks on this thread.
    Attached Images  

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............
    Attached Images  

Input, I need input..:D
    Attached Images  
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default On the trail to Ptarmigan Lake, from Cottonwood Canyon, West of Buena Vista, Colorado

The first one is, I believe, Mount Yale. The trail is between Mt. Princeton and Mt. Yale in the Collegiate Peaks area.

The second is a little unnamed lake just below Ptarmigan Lake. Ptarmigan, while much larger, is above treeline at 12147 feet, is not as pretty, as it is just a big puddle with nothing around it. We did see some golden trout in there, though, one of the natives to high mountain lakes in Colorado.

The third is a pic of a group of mountain goats that we spotted just before we left the area. I was thinking, "That's odd that that snow up there is so spotty", when it dawned on me that it was not snow, but a group of goats. That pic I had the zoom on the camera maxed out, both optical and digital, so it may look a bit pixelated.

edit--I didn't realize that I had a person in the one pic. That is my daughter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0286.jpg‎
Views:	83
Size:	370.3 KB
ID:	42566   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0297.jpg‎
Views:	72
Size:	556.8 KB
ID:	42567   Click image for larger version

Name:	goats.jpg‎
Views:	65
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	42568  
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I hiked down to that lake last year on a trip out to CO:

TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer

Audiophile

Audiophile

I miss the pics of chicks on this thread.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Quote Originally Posted by zingo View Post
    Seattle chicks!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Vegas!
    Attached Images  
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

Here are some pics of chicks and moving pics of chicks. I kept the file size down for most of the pics for those that are running a lower screen res.:D

Member Sales Rating: (25)

Input, I need input..:D
    I wonder how much in mfg costs they could cut by not having all that and the supporting circuitry. How often are most of the inputs left unused, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by mmadden28 View Post
    I wonder how much in mfg costs they could cut by not having all that and the supporting circuitry. How often are most of the inputs left unused, ya know?
    I agree. I still seem to somehow do just fine with only two HDMI inputs.....

Member Sales Rating: (0)

since we're posting some screen shots, here are some from world at war... not quite as good as cod4, but was still fun to play

Default Now this is a picture...

This any day over a video game screen.....
    Attached Images  

Thread Information