Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 286 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 141 181 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 8552

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    Unless there is more to this story than what was in the posted link! Even then I can't see where these people had any business rioting. What happened to demonstrating? That's very legal and promoted by our constitution, right?
    I think there is. Oakland has become notorious for police brutality and while anything can happen I find it hard to believe that a trained officer can accidentally pull, aim, and discharge his gun thinking that it was a taser. Especially at a man who is face down on the street.

I'm not a "cop hater." They are protecting me and mine doing a job that I would never want to take on. I don't condone the random looting and burning. I think many of those people were using a tragic event as an excuse and that is shameless.

BUT I can see how a simple manslaughter verdict as opposed to a murder 2 would upset many people. Even drive them to protest

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    Jackasses can't deal with anything without destroying someone's public property. Someone should have shot them in the head.
    That's just what happened to start this.
    Baby Einstein has never sounded so good.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

If you act like an animal, you should be treated like one.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    WHAT!!! are you serious man???

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    What country are you from?

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hayes View Post
    I think there is. Oakland has become notorious for police brutality and while anything can happen I find it hard to believe that a trained officer can accidentally pull, aim, and discharge his gun thinking that it was a taser. Especially at a man who is face down on the street.
    Okay! Oakland has been, always was and still is a notoriously dangerous place with it's heartless gangs and criminal activities. Being a cop in such a situation even when it's peaceful is very highly stressful and adrenalin provoking. Police offercers are well trained in toning down these emotions, however put a cop in a situation where he knows these crumbs are usually carrying heat and have no respect for the law, then have one of them getting physical with the cop and then reaching in his pocket . . . well that cop is human and no amount of training can keep high amounts of dumped adrenalin in his system can keep him from getting confused in the heat of the moment and instinctively going for one weapon but mistakenly pulling another and using it quickly without realizing which is in hand! Why second degree murder? He was murdering the guy!?! I think not, manslaughter fits this bill no matter what the reputation of the Oakland police is, earned, true or false. Their lives are being put out there and as I said Oakland is known for being a very, very dangerous place.

Proof . . . the animals disagreed with a court of law's decision so they decide to wreak havoc like the dogs of war and destroy everything in their path with no regard to for the law or the private property they were destroying..

I can't see how the definition of second degree murder applies here;

The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse.

The definition of murder has evolved over several centuries. Under most modern statutes in the United States, murder comes in four varieties: (1) intentional murder; (2) a killing that resulted from the intent to do serious bodily injury; (3) a killing that resulted from a depraved heart or extreme recklessness; and (4) murder committed by an Accomplice during the commission of, attempt of, or flight from certain felonies.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...-degree+murder
    However, I find the definition of manslaughter does apply;

The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.

Manslaughter is a distinct crime and is not considered a lesser degree of murder. The essential distinction between the two offenses is that malice aforethought must be present for murder, whereas it must be absent for manslaughter. Manslaughter is not as serious a crime as murder. On the other hand, it is not a justifiable or excusable killing for which little or no punishment is imposed.
    I question the bolded part in this case . . . was it intentional or was it accidental in the heat of the moment mistake?

I'll go with you on the fact that the people (and animals) in Oakland because of their peception of the police were angry but they could have protested or organinzed a demonstration to express their angnst. But this is Oakland and cooler heads for the most part don't prevail. So loot, riot, possibly kill, is the order of the day when they don't get what they want.

I'm not saying all of the populuce of Oakland is like this but it is same ones who always cause these types of incidents.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

That's just what happened to start this.
    I didn't say I agreed with the court case, but that wasn't what I was commenting on.

My point is that this rioting crap is out of control. We have the Freedom of Assembly and the Freedom of Association.

There isn't a freedom to run around and destroy the property of hard working men and women because you're pissed off.

These jerks act like this because they know the cops who are so mean to them won't respond in kind.

Banned

I didn't say I agreed with the court case, but that wasn't what I was commenting on.

My point is that this rioting crap is out of control. We have the Freedom of Assembly and the Freedom of Association.

There isn't a freedom to run around and destroy the property of hard working men and women because you're pissed off.

These jerks act like this because they know the cops who are so mean to them won't respond in kind.
    Very well put Dave!

:) Thanks!

By the way, the comments about shooting these jerks is tongue in cheek, but I can't be the only one wondering what the breaking point is.

These people should be free to scream and holler about this verdict, whether we agree or disagree with them, but when you start smashing windows, destroying cop cars (paid for with your tax dollars), looting...its no longer a protest.

Banned

:) Thanks!

By the way, the comments about shooting these jerks is tongue in cheek, but I can't be the only one wondering what the breaking point is.

These people should be free to scream and holler about this verdict, whether we agree or disagree with them, but when you start smashing windows, destroying cop cars (paid for with your tax dollars), looting...its no longer a protest.
    I knew that; just like I knew Mike's comment about animals being treated as animals was too!

Ya know what gets the bile up into my throat . . . it's always the cop's fault . . . the guy who dared put his hands on the cop and reached for something after he hit the ground was totally innocent! Should he have been killed, no if in fact there was no weapon on his person, it was unfortunate, but don't come at me with the deceased as the victim or the rioters having put the blame as always on the police as understandable. That's out-and-out BS and outrageous. If the cop was shot, those who were rioting would have been out in the streets celebrating and still causing damage.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default Tenn. 4th of july vacation site and view..

Stayed a week and had a good time.The complex is called Eagles Ridge North in Pigeon Forge Tenn.
    Last edited by Tony M; 12-29-2010 at 10:17 PM.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?...GOT SUNFIRE? ...GOT Maggies?

Agreed....

That said I will take a note from Tony's book adn vacation in Tenn. instead of Oakland this year;)

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by tony millard View Post
    Stayed a week and had a good time.The complex is called Eagles Ridge North in Pigeon Forge Tenn.
    I stayed in a very similar development in Sevierville (basically Pigeon Forge, just a tad southwest). Was lovely, though we had no view. The hot tub was fantastic for the 50 degree nights though :D
    I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ledhed View Post
    I stayed in a very similar development in Sevierville (basically Pigeon Forge, just a tad southwest). Was lovely, though we had no view. The hot tub was fantastic for the 50 degree nights though :D
    Was it a hot tub time machine??:p
    I love animals, they're delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by greyford1979 View Post
    Was it a hot tub time machine??:p
    No, thank God. I'd probably disappear if it went backwards.

Agreed....

That said I will take a note from Tony's book adn vacation in Tenn. instead of Oakland this year;)
    lol!

Last time I was in Memphis some guy stole my beer. I was sitting in a restaurant that had open windows by the sidewalk. Beer was on the railing and some dude ran by and grabbed it. :p

Sunset at home and a Cocoa Beach sunrise.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	beautiful sunset 007.1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	50250Click image for larger version

Name:	Cocoa Beach 2009 129.1.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	496.1 KB
ID:	50247Click image for larger version

Name:	Cocoa Beach 2009 137.1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	471.6 KB
ID:	50248
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cocoa Beach 2009 156.1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	457.6 KB
ID:	50249

lol!

Last time I was in Memphis some guy stole my beer. I was sitting in a restaurant that had open windows by the sidewalk. Beer was on the railing and some dude ran by and grabbed it. :p
    Beale St.?

I spent five years in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Texans don't mess around! I like that.

Back then it was legal in most cities to walk around with a sidearm openly displayd on one's hip and I've seen it on many occasions. I don't know if that has changed since my stint in Texas was during the late '70/early '80s.

I guess that's why they had the signs outside bars stating it is a ten year prison term to bring firearms into that establishment!
    No more open carry laws. Can't say I would ever open carry anyway. But I do have my CHL and it goes with me everywhere I go.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Regarding the Oakland riot last night....

- The guilty police officer was with the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Police, so he wasn't with Oakland Police Department (OPD).

- The guilty police officer was very inexperienced

- A couple of weeks back, I was informed by a law enforcement "insider" that a riot was going to happen no matter what was the verdict. A group from outside of Oakland (anarchists from Santa Cruz) going to come into the city to take advantage of the situation to do damage. This information was subsequently confirmed publicly by the Chief of Oakland Police.

- More than 10 days ago, anticipating potential riots, 15 law enforcement agencies responded for OPD's request for mutual aid, which is why you see officers from the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD). The California National Guards was also on alert. Watching the live coverage on TV, I didn't realize tiny cities that responded to OPD's call of mutual aid would have giant armored vehicles.

- Many businesses, anticipating potential riots, boarded up their front windows beginning last weekend.

- On July 12th, due to budget problems, OPD is scheduled to lay off as many as 80 police officers
    Last edited by Danny Tse; 07-10-2010 at 02:19 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I hooked a Tarpon on that pier!

TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer

^ GREAT pic! Thanks for sharing.

Member Sales Rating: (47)

Pic of last nights fast moving storm,, alot of electrical activity--had to shut off the tubers :(
    Attached Images  
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by exalted512 View Post
    No more open carry laws. Can't say I would ever open carry anyway. But I do have my CHL and it goes with me everywhere I go.
    -Cody
    CHL? Is that the Texas "Concealed Handgun Licensing?" Texas is still pretty liberal with that, no?

There are only 2 states that don't allow concealed carry, Wisconsin and Illinois. Although, that's somewhat misleading because in several states its nearly impossible to get a license.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Tse View Post
    Regarding the Oakland riot last night....

- The guilty police officer was with the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Police, so he wasn't with Oakland Police Department (OPD).
    Philly has the same setup, the SEPTA Transit Police Department, which is still viewed as the Philadelphia Police Department by the general public.

- The guilty police officer was very inexperienced
    More the reason for the manslaughter conviction rather than a murder conviction regarless of the degree of murder.

- A couple of weeks back, I was informed by a law enforcement "insider" that a riot was going to happen no matter what was the verdict. A group from outside of Oakland (anarchists from Santa Cruz) going to come into the city to take advantage of the situation to do damage. This information was subsequently confirmed publicly by the Chief of Oakland Police.
    WoW! I'm sure this group knew that the Oakland "animals," who are regulars at rioting, would welcome them with open arms.

- More than 10 days ago, anticipating potential riots, 15 law enforcement agencies responded for OPD's request for mutual aid, which is why you see officers from the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD). The California National Guards was also on alert. Watching the live coverage on TV, I didn't realize tiny cities that responded to OPD's call of mutual aid would have giant armored vehicles.
    That's awesome however I have to question, why, if the authorities knew about this so far ahead of time they weren't more proactive to prevent it rather than reacting to it? I mean seriously they had to know it wasn't going to be a peaceful demonstration. Doesn't Oakland have a policy like most major cities that if demonstraions or protests are planned the protesters have to register and get permits for the demonstration? I'm sure they do so that too begs the question were they notified and permits issued, yes/no, if no then they had to know it was going to mischief in the form of rioting rather than a demonstration. If yes, then this group of "anarchists from Santa Cruz" has to have a reputation for these kinds of distubances and again the authorities should have been proactive to prevent it. I know there are no easy answers to this type of thing which is a damned shame.

- Many businesses, anticipating potential riots, boarded up their front windows beginning last weekend.
    See even the citizens were being proactive which is a damned disgrace that these hard working business owners have to deal with this crappola.

- On July 12th, due to budget problems, OPD is scheduled to lay off as many as 80 police officers
    Yeah that's going to solve their budgetary problems when they have to overwork the police who will remain, pay overtime, put the general public at risk rather than come up with other budgetary solutions. Damn, in Philly the police are not allowed to go on strike atleast not when they are on duty. Laying off 80 police officers just shows the incompetence of the current Oakland administration. However when they know they can call in 15 other law enforcement agencies as well as the national guard they probably figure that they have their bases covered. I think not, what about the daily crimes commited against the innocent public? They still aren't going to be protected no matter how much outside manpower they can call in.

I'm glad I don't live in Oakland.

Banned

There are only 2 states that don't allow concealed carry, Wisconsin and Illinois. Although, that's somewhat misleading because in several states its nearly impossible to get a license.
    I know in PA especially in Philly, you have to jump through numerous hoops, stand on your head naked and spit nickels out of each end to get a license which as you said is pretty much akin to it being nearly impossible to get said license.

Member Sales Rating: (25)

I know in PA especially in Philly, you have to jump through numerous hoops, stand on your head naked and spit nickels out of each end to get a license which as you said is pretty much akin to it being nearly impossible to get said license.
    I was able to do all of that but the standing on may head part

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mmadden28 View Post
    I was able to do all of that but the standing on may head part
    Well with that said, I can only assume you stood upright naked and spit nickels out of both ends. LOL! Were you able to acquire the license?

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quote Originally Posted by TNRabbit View Post
    I hooked a Tarpon on that pier!

How the heck did you get the big picture in the post like that? I tried and still only had the thumbnails you click on lol And thats cool, we didn't do any fishing while we were down there...wanted to go down this summer again but we won't get to make it down there this summer.

Thread Information