Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Static in Front Right speaker

I have had this HK reciever for about 3 months and it has been working great with my RTI 6 front speakers. Last week I turn on my amplifer and I hear static in my front right speaker. It almost sounds like a radio station. I have disconnect the front right, and put it back same problem. I've switch out the speaker wire for monster cable same problem. And I am using monster banna clips as the connection to the reciever. This is my second amp I've had problems with form HK and I really don't want to have to return this one. I hope someone can offer me a soultion.
    thank you,
    Gambit

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Did you try swapping the left and right speakers? Cables?
    Maybe the problem is in the banana plug or somewhere else in the connection.
    Swapping the speakers will tell you if the problem is in the HK or the RTi.
    If you eliminate the RTi as not being the problem, try blowing out the vents of the receiver with one of those cans of compressed air used for computers and such. My $ .02 worth.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

as Pol said, swap the speakers (r to l and L to R) if the problem follows the speaker, then its the speaker or wire. If it doesnt, then its the reciever or source ?!?! I have to wager a guess it isnt the speaker if it is a constant static, but I could be wrong.
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default thanks

Yeah I think it is the Reciever, I will try to swap the lines tonight to see what happens. Any ideas if it is the reciever?

Thread Information