Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Question 1.2TLs in HT setup

I feel like an ass already as I know I read info about this kind of setup here before, but can't remember and can't find it again. So unless you can't get beyond the "It has been covered here before," or "What do you want to hear" stage, let me have it....but give me all the info you have. I'm so okay with being told I am late in asking. :) Really, I know I should have remembered, so it's okay to make fun of me. :)

Anyway, I posted a few days ago about how my CS350 doesn't match my FR and FL 1.2TLs. I got a new CSI5 the other day and set it up and ran the audio calibration again on my receiver (Denon 5803a). Must say that it made a huge difference even knowing that the change alone would be enough for my brain to "think" it heard a difference. After getting past that, I knew there was a difference and for the better. What I wasn't prepared for was the audio section of "Digital Video Essentials." All of the test sounded as they should until it came to the test that put the sound between one of the FR/FL and center. It wasn't as expected and I blame this on the SDAs. I know that all you SDA experts will say I should have known (and I should have), but was wondering if anyone with a similar setup could say that even with noticing what I did during testing, that it is or isn't that important for movies, etc... I think I make sense, but if not....just say so. :)

Thanks!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I blame this on the SDA's also! Which is why you should sell them to me:)

I can't blame you for your reply, but these will be with me til I die. After that, God will be listening to them!

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Uh...not quite sure what you are getting at, actually.

I found that when I ran HT with SDA's, The CRS+'s made the ideal centers.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I plan on being buried in mine along with my Dodd. I told my wife to make sure the solar panel power supply doesn't get blocked out from the sun on my tombstone. If the ground is a rockin it's just me and SRV.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2

When you run your test tones, unplug the IC cable.....so you can effectively check the phase between the channels.......

Okay, I did figure that the SDA effect would throw off the test on the DVE for sound between center and R or L. I could unplug the IC for testing to make it sound correct, but doing so wouldn't mean much when plugged back in and watching a movie. See what I mean? Was just wondering how much of an issue this would be while watching a movie.....

As for keeping them 'til I die...I would have them above ground playing AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabath, UFO, Ozzy, etc..., but I know someone would take them. Family will not put them to rest with me hooked up and playing. Family can really suck sometimes! Hahaha!

I guess I should just be glad to be alive and be able to shake the crap out of my place and make my windows know what it means to be glass! :)

Thread Information