Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9
    In addition to fresh beans I also use a Bodum French Press Pot. It's a little more work but the coffee is outstanding.

It's a glass carafe with a plunger part. You grind your beans on the course side and pour into the glass carafe. Boil water in a tea kettle until it whistles. Let kettle sit for about 1-2 minutes off the hot burner. Pour water from tea pot in glass carafe over the ground beans. Let stand/steep for 5-7 minutes. Use plunger part which has s fine mesh screen to push the floating grounds to the bottom. Pour in a coffee cup. SO much better than an electric coffee pot cup of coffee, especially if you use good beans to begin with.

H9
    I second this. The coffee from these is rich and very flavourfull. The key is to not let it steep too long or some bitter flavours will come out.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Okay, so how many tablespoons of coffee per 5 ounce cup should I be using? I bought some Twin Cities Blend McGarvey coffee and used three tablespoons for a four 5 ounce cup pot and the coffee seemed a bit strong.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

that's what's cool about making your own. you can adjust it to your tastes. strong means different things to different people, but if you like something about the beans you're using but you think they're missing something, keep them and add a bit of something totally different.

i usually have 3 or 4 different roasts that i blend. i've been in a pretty comfortable groove for quite a while with half starbucks house blend and half dunkin decaf with a little seattle medium decaf.

)

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Bought a Bodum press yesterday. After that I went to Starbucks and picked up some fresh beans (I bought Cafe Verona). I used it twice so far, first time was ok (my bean amounts were off and it was very strong), second time around is much better.

The only thing I don't like is the cleanup. Other than that, this thing is pretty good.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29

Thread Information