Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default North Korea did what!

With all the problems and threats North Korea has made to the world, they had just did something no one expected...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060809/.../koreas_floods

So it seems like south korea has agreed to help the north with flood relief. Do you think this will help the relationship at all between the north and south( and the U.S)?

And if you were south Korea, would you have given them aid?

tommyboy
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Hell Yes I would provide aid.... This is phenomenal news. And more importantly, an instance of the needs of the people transcending the "needs" of the leaders.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie boy 2000
    Hell Yes I would provide aid.... This is phenomenal news. And more importantly, an instance of the needs of the people transcending the "needs" of the leaders.
    +1..

BFD. The DPRK will take whatever whenever.

Last edited by Polk65; 08-10-2006 at 02:40 AM.
    Life gets more interesting the more we play.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie boy 2000
    Agree, also. You take the high road and fight the good fight.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Member Sales Rating: (21)

They are one people, it is their political leaders that have different ideologies resulting in having divided their country,
    USSR=failure
    east/west Berlin=failure
    north/south Vietnamn=failure
    United/conferderate states=failure

RT1
    REEL TIME THEATRE
    Onkyo-TX-NR5007
    B&K 7270 amplifier
    Polk SWA-500 Subwoofer amplifier
    OppO BDP-83
    Pioneer Elite 50"
    Polk LCi-RTS-105;LCi-RTS-C;LCi-RTSFx;LCi80Fx
    Subs-Twin Polk CSW200
    HTS5000

RABBIT HOLE RIG
    BAT VK-31SE
    VTL MB-450 Signature monoblock
    Wolcott Presence monoblock
    Musical Fidelity kW SACD
    Rega P25/RB600/Clearaudio Aurum Beta
    Acoustech Phono-Pre
    Sound Lab Millenium ELS
    BillyBags Rack
    MIT S1/3 cables
    Shunyata/PS Audio/Virtual Dynamics Power Cords

Everthing Matters...Tubes Rule...and It's Over until it's Not Over

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy
    Do you think this will help the relationship at all between the north and south( and the U.S)?
    Not a chance.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

RT hit the nail on the head

(excellent analogies as well...)

Dont' be so pessimistic Dave. You're hopeful about Iraq (****ies/Sunnies; aren't you?), why not North/South Korea/US relations? Seems to me this is the lesser of two challenges, especially when you have a natural catatastrophe to bring the two Koreas together. Sure, it might not be for the reason we all hope for. But it IS a reason.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Anytime you can help the oppressed people through humanitarianism you sow the seeds that can lead to the ending of a dictatorship. It shows the NK people that their "great leader" has failed them, AGAIN.
    Staff Member TONEAudio[SIZE="1"]
    Blogger Site_ smallspacesaudio
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    2 Ch. System
    SimAudio Moon i7 int. amp
    MacBook/PureMusic/iTunes,1.5 TB hd
    SimAudio 300D DAC,
    Harbeth Compact 7es3 Spkrs
    Magnepan1.6 w/SkiingNinja x-overs
    Rega RP1 w/Ortofon Super OM40
    SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Additional Gear:
    ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom3, Virtue Audio int. amp, Vista Audio Int. amp, iPod 160 gig

Quote Originally Posted by aaharvel
    Dont' be so pessimistic Dave. You're hopeful about Iraq (****ies/Sunnies; aren't you?), why not North/South Korea/US relations? Seems to me this is the lesser of two challenges, especially when you have a natural catatastrophe to bring the two Koreas together. Sure, it might not be for the reason we all hope for. But it IS a reason.
    It's not the people I'm worried about it, it's their governments.

Besides, the answer I gave is what my Magic 8 Ball said.

Good Karma applies to ALL things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz
    Good Karma applies to ALL things in life.
    then hopefully life treats you well because that harmony 659 karma has saved my button-pressing finger, big time! thanks again.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by bobman1235
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.

No problem, enjoy.

its people helping people. Many people in South Korea still have relatives in North Korea that they haven't seen or talked to in many years.

Regardless of what impact it may or may not have on the governments, I fail to see how helping people in need is ever a bad thing.

webdude

Quote Originally Posted by markmarc
    It shows the NK people that their "great leader" has failed them, AGAIN.
    Not really... NK will take all aid and repackage it to show that Kim Chong-Il has saved them again. They've done before.

edit: fixed name
    Last edited by petrym; 08-10-2006 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge
    It's not the people I'm worried about it, it's their governments.
    I actually feel the opposite. I am not afraid of one tyrant or government body with reasonable people under it's control. I am worried about the people themselves. Venezuela and Cuba are under tyrants, but if they died or were forced from power, the people for the most part are peaceful and want peace.

On other hand, you have the middle east. Fanatical people under the control of radical religions and tyrants also. Not all of them, but too many to ignore. The difference is that instead of having to kill only the tyrant, we will have to kill them all eventually, before they kill us.
    Venom
    Let me tell you something about life, around every corner monsters await. I know, I am one.

If I owned hell and this place, I would rent this place out and live in hell.

Mains: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
    Preamp: Modwright SWL9.0SE
    Amps: Butler TBD2250, PS Audio Trio
    PrePro: Cary Cinema 6, Outlaw 990
    DAC: Benchmark DAC1
    Universal Player: Denon 2900
    Cables: StraightWire Encore II, Kimber Hero, Audioquest Type 4, CV-8, Columbia DBS
    Power Conditioner: Belkin PF60

I wouldn't give them a fukking crumb. The government will take the food and money and feed it's soldiers. Better they should all starve to death. N Korea is working on the missiles for Iran to use when it gets its nuclear weapons. Iran is pulling all the strings in Lebanon. It turns out that Israel is not fighting Hezbollah in Lebanon, they are fighting the Iranian guard. It's time to kill them all before they have a chance to kill us.
    No Kids Allowed
    cold, heartless, clueless, greedy 'young professional'

Quote Originally Posted by venomclan
    I actually feel the opposite. I am not afraid of one tyrant or government body with reasonable people under it's control. I am worried about the people themselves. Venezuela and Cuba are under tyrants, but if they died or were forced from power, the people for the most part are peaceful and want peace.
    No, actually you feel the same. That was my point....

The government is the problem, not the people under it. Hence I am worried about the governments actions, not the actions of it's people.

Quote Originally Posted by up2youjoe
    I wouldn't give them a fukking crumb. The government will take the food and money and feed it's soldiers. Better they should all starve to death. N Korea is working on the missiles for Iran to use when it gets its nuclear weapons. Iran is pulling all the strings in Lebanon. It turns out that Israel is not fighting Hezbollah in Lebanon, they are fighting the Iranian guard. It's time to kill them all before they have a chance to kill us.
    YEAH! KILL 'EM ALL!

KILL 'EM ALL!

I'm gonna go watch Rambo Part II now.

No, actually you feel the same. That was my point....

The government is the problem, not the people under it. Hence I am worried about the governments actions, not the actions of it's people.
    In some cases it is the governments, but in the middle east no. Whether we are fighting Iran, Hezbozo, Al Qaida, Hamas, Al Sadr... who cares? They are all the same with the same goal - our destruction. If Iraq has a new government or not, the people want us dead. Sunni or Shiite, even if they fight each other, they both want us dead. As technology gets better, it will get worse. If a small group of people can get the materials needed for a large attack, what difference does it make what their government believes. Saudi Arabia is supposed to be our ally and the givernment would not attack us, but did that help on 9/11, when thier citizens did thier own thing?

When we defeated Japan, it was the government we were fighting. They surrendered, it was over. The middle east is just a series of unending hydras. If Osama is killed, there are 1000 more to take his place. Thier chirldren are being raised to do that as we speak. To hate us. Palestinians have a terrorist camp for children, its a fact and I have seen the footage. I regret that that is our war, against a religion with no structure. Until we realize that, we will never win a war on terror. Unless we wipe them all out.
    Let me tell you something about life, around every corner monsters await. I know, I am one.

Cables: StraightWire Encore II, Kimber Hero, Audioquest Type 4, CV-8, Columbia DBS

Not telling me anything I don't know, man.

We're not talking about the middle east. We're talking about North Korea. :) Kim Jong Il is the problem in North Korea, not the people. Henceforth...I am not worried about them.

We're not talking about the middle east. We're talking about North Korea. :) Kim Jong Il is the problem in North Korea, not the people. Henceforth...I am not worried about them.
    I think the main difference in not worrying about the "people" is the difference in religions. Its kind of funny, we're spending so much time and effort in a region of the world where its going to be almost impossible to change people's views, and then you have places like North Korea where I honestly do believe change could happen, and we seem to just ignore it. Oh well, I'm not running the country so I guess I don't know all the details. :p

Not telling me anything I don't know, man.

Just preaching to the quire. N. Korea does not worry me either, besides we already kicked his ass in Team America. Don't make me go into my *******, Dick, Pussy speech again Dem...

Quote Originally Posted by venomclan
    Just preaching to the quire. N. Korea does not worry me either, besides we already kicked his ass in Team America. Don't make me go into my *******, Dick, Pussy speech again Dem...
    :p

I don't know, between Iran and North Korea I don't know what is the bigger threat. North Korea hosted some Iranian leaders at their missle launch last month.

Kim Jong Il is the problem in North Korea, not the people. Henceforth...I am not worried about them.
    Bingo...talk about needing a regime change....I think the actual problem is China and its resistance to any type of action agaist that feudal lord....
    System 1: Onix Rockets 750 Sig. Ed., Rotel RC 1070, Rotel RB 1080, Music Hall MMF CD25 w/627opamps

System 2: LSi15, Marantz SR8400, Rotel 1080, RM6800 (C&S), Yamaha: 2300 Univ. DVD, CDC-625RS.

System 3: LSi7, Yamaha SW215, HK 230, Elite DV-45A; Sony C445.

System 4: RTi100, Onkyo TXSV717Pro, Monarchy/Sonic Impact Hybrid, Yamaha CD.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomOG
    I think the main difference in not worrying about the "people" is the difference in religions. Its kind of funny, we're spending so much time and effort in a region of the world where its going to be almost impossible to change people's views, and then you have places like North Korea where I honestly do believe change could happen, and we seem to just ignore it. Oh well, I'm not running the country so I guess I don't know all the details. :p
    That is the main difference.

I'm not sure about Islam. They've got some really explicit text in the Koran, that they still stand by, so I don't know how they can remove thesmelves from that. Then again the brainwashing that goes on is unbelievable,

The Middle East is a festering boil that needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later. If we just let them sit and fester they will only get worse as they get ahold of newer technologies. I think the only thing that is up in the air is the extent to which they will need to be dealt.

Knowing what was about to happen in the U.S. and Brittain over the next 48 hours is the real scary thing. How do you fight an enemy that doesn't wear a uniform? How do you ignore it? You can't.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Israel now. I hope we let them keep going (seems stupid we're telling them whether or not they can defend themselves). They'll likely ignore it anyhow, and that's fine by me.

you know, these monkey-fuccs terrorist muslims remind of the the part in the movie 'independence day', the part where the captured alien uses Data from 'star trek' to answer the president's question of "what is it that you want?" and then the prick alien says, "die, die."

you see, we cannot change their stupid-ass minds. they hate us and want to annihilate us.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by BIZILL
    they hate us and want to annihilate us.
    Funny, that that doesn't sound much different from 'our' own train of thought.

Strange how easy War can happen.

i/we are in the right. you don't see us traveling on their planes trying to blow 'em up.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

Thread Information