Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (36)

Default Parasound HALO A23 plus [name pre-amp here]

Guys I was looking at the HALO controllers such as the C2 and nearly died when I saw the $3,000+ price point. Right now I have a Yamaha HTR-5890. Any good recommendations for a 7.1 pre-amp that also plays 2-channels well?

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSqual
    Guys I was looking at the HALO controllers such as the C2 and nearly died when I saw the $3,000+ price point. Right now I have a Yamaha HTR-5890. Any good recommendations for a 7.1 pre-amp that also plays 2-channels well?

Your asking the same question I've been wondering as well. I have a A23 too and I'm looking for a preamp to match. I only need a two channel pre. Sorry to hijack the thread, but hopefully someone can help us both!:D
    2 Channel

Vandersteen 3a Sigs
    Music Reference RM-200
    Hovland HP-100
    VPI Scout w/ Benz Ace
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Cardas Golden Reference Speaker Cables
    Cardas Golden Reference Interconnects
    Cardas Golden Power Cords
    PS Audio UPC-200HB
    Black Diamond Racing Isolation

Member Sales Rating: (36)

I hope so.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

If you buy used, you can pickup a Sunfire Grand Cinema. One sold on the flea not to long ago for about $1K I think. I've seen the C2's on Audiogon for $1,800 - $2,500. I saw a new C1 for $3,300 that one is a beauty!
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Look for the prices on used C2's to start falling below $2000 in the next few months as owners start to unload them because they lack HDMI switching and some other features. I'd steer clear of the C1 because the only useful thing it offers over the C2 is the LCD screen. The C2 is actually one of the best solid state two channel preamps I've heard if it's balanced inputs are put to use (there's a separate board for the direct balanced inputs). The P3 two channel preamp is a good choice for a two channel system with the A23, but it doesn't perform as well as the C2 for audio.
    1. JM Labs Electra 920.1 and CC30; MB Quart Vera Sub; Pioneer SC-57; Squeezebox Touch; Panasonic BDT-500 Blu-Ray; Samsung 52" LCD; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S3 cables
    2. Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 SE; Classe Model 25; Marantz SA8004; Acoustech PH1P; Squeezebox Touch; Music Hall MMF7; PS Audio P1000; MIT S2 cables
    3. Polk SDA 2A; Parasound Halo JC-2 and A21; Musical Fidelity X-DAC; Squeezebox Touch; PS Audio 4.7; MIT S1 cables

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSqual
    Solid,
    One of the Outlaw preamps will probably serve you best. There will be good synergy with the Outlaws you already have. IMHO the Halo pre will be overkill with the capabilities of the Outlaw 2200's.
    Venom
    Let me tell you something about life, around every corner monsters await. I know, I am one.

If I owned hell and this place, I would rent this place out and live in hell.

Mains: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
    Preamp: Modwright SWL9.0SE
    Amps: Butler TBD2250, PS Audio Trio
    PrePro: Cary Cinema 6, Outlaw 990
    DAC: Benchmark DAC1
    Universal Player: Denon 2900
    Cables: StraightWire Encore II, Kimber Hero, Audioquest Type 4, CV-8, Columbia DBS
    Power Conditioner: Belkin PF60

Member Sales Rating: (4)

How about a VTL 2.5? You'd have to add a separate pro but you'd be able to have tubes in the mix for 2 channel listening.
    Last edited by halo; 09-10-2006 at 12:27 AM.
    Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Thread Information