+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Thoughts and Prayers

With much Love

Give us anupdate when possible

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Done.
    Life gets more interesting the more we play.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Hope they realize He is with the family throughout the ordeal. St. Judes is the best. Prayers sent.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Done...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Default An update and some good news

First of all, the family wanted me to convey their sincere thanks to all of you for the prayers. They ask that you please keep them coming.

Some good news though: Julianne is home right now and recovering well from the surgery. She has to go back to St. Judes, Monday to prepare for the radiation treatments. The pathology report came back, and much to the suprise of all the doctors who were "99 percent sure" that the tumor was the really bad kind, it's not! It's ependymoma: Still a malignant tumor, but much less agressive. She won't need chemo, after all, and the radiation treatment will be significantly less damaging than they originally feared. So this is very good news!

Thank you all.

Jason

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by jcaut
    First of all, the family wanted me to convey their sincere thanks to all of you for the prayers. They ask that you please keep them coming.

Some good news though: Julianne is home right now and recovering well from the surgery. She has to go back to St. Judes, Monday to prepare for the radiation treatments. The pathology report came back, and much to the suprise of all the doctors who were "99 percent sure" that the tumor was the really bad kind, it's not! It's ependymoma: Still a malignant tumor, but much less agressive. She won't need chemo, after all, and the radiation treatment will be significantly less damaging than they originally feared. So this is very good news!

Thank you all.

Jason
    Great News Thank God! That's the power of prayer Jason!

Polk-a-dweeb
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

That's good to hear...really good.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D

God bless her and hers'

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by jcaut
    The pathology report came back, and much to the suprise of all the doctors who were "99 percent sure" that the tumor was the really bad kind, it's not! It's ependymoma: Still a malignant tumor, but much less agressive. She won't need chemo, after all, and the radiation treatment will be significantly less damaging than they originally feared. So this is very good news!
    YES! I have little ones of my own and can't imagine going through this.

Happy New Year to Julianne Post, her siblings and her parents, Joseph and Debra Post!!
    Be-Bop-A-Lula, Baby What I Say

Default update

jcaut? any news on julianne? Still praying for her. Deb is one of my best friends from high school - I sure hope she's doing OK.
    Last edited by dpotts; 06-27-2007 at 03:35 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Sorry for not posting an update sooner. I'm not the greatest at this sort of thing.

Yes, Julianne is doing really well. She had her last radiation treatment on March 2nd and returned home. She went back to St. Judes for a follow-up MRI on May 8 and received a clean bill of health! Of course, she'll be monitored for at least the next 10 years, but right now she's just a beautiful, thriving little 6yo girl. She's had very few ill-effects from the radiation treatments- all minor things that are considered very normal, I believe.

I know that her family would thank you all very much for the prayers for Julianne, and ask that you continue to pray that she remains cancer-free. And for Julianne's parents and siblings, too: This has been hard on all of them. They've been great, though. They're fine folks and probably don't realize what an inspiration they've been to others through this ordeal. I know that praying for Julianne and thinking about what THEY were going through caused ME to step back and re-evaluate my priorities.

And dpotts, I got your email and will send you one, but I may do it tomorrow-- I've had a long day and I'm afraid if I write more tonight it'll all be jibberish...even worse than my posts usually are...
    Welcome to the Forum, btw!

Jason C
    Last edited by jcaut; 06-28-2007 at 12:02 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Prayers are still coming in brother........
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Member Sales Rating: (3)

That's really good to hear.

My brother had a brain tumor when he was about 2 1/2 and finished the radiation at the age of 3. He had to relearn how to walk and talk. He's on the short side, and still kickin' at 29. Had a few learning challenges along the way.

Your story kinda freaked me out Julianne was my moms name, just kinda weird from my perspective to see "my mom's name" in my brothers roll, know if you tell me her dad's name is Vince i will really freak.

Sorry for the hijack
    Speakers:SDA2a, sub:Atlantic Technologies 172 PBM
    Pre:B&K PRO-10MC(2ch)
    Amps:Parasound HCA 1000a
    SourcesOppo DV-970HD, Xbox360, Kenwood KT-5300
    Cables:Philips/RCA/Monster

Life's short, Listen to SDA's
    Life is short live Sui Juris
    Where did SOPA go?

Thread Information