Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My day shopping

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Default My day shopping

The wife and I head out yesterday to start our shopping this year and I thought I would share a few high points. First we go to American Electronics to pick up my wife's present, a 32" Toshiba flat panel that I reserved during a sale they had last month. It was "out of the box" and I got what I thought was a great deal. Well I went to the pickup door and the kid gave me the "If I have to load one more #^%@^% Tv" look and went to find the "open box " set. It wasn't where it was supposed to be, his call to the salesman was blown off so the kid goes over to the stack of new toshibas, plucks one off the top and throws it in my truck. He kinda smiles and says "Merry Christmas".:) Next we go to a large chain store looking for something to make the kids love us. As we are standing there looking at ps2 games a salesman walks up and plops down 2 new PS3's.:) Done and off to lunch.

And to top off the day the new tosh picks up all the local ota HD channels with just the small table top antenna that I was using on the 1983 19" Goldstar tv that was rocking our bedroom up to now

On a side note I want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I appreciate Club Polk and the friends I have made here. I hope everybody finds happiness under their tree this year.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Congrats on a few great snags. You started yesterday??? Good things do come to those who wait.

My wife has been wanting a new TV for the bedroom, let me know what you think of the 32 in there. (throw to much light when you want to sleep an she wants to watch one more show....)

Merry christmas to you an yours - I hope Santa brings you all your audio wishes this year (you have been good, right?)

Michael

BTW - if you are waiting to look under a tree for happiness, it is doubfull you will find it. :)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Sounds like an expensive day!

Member Sales Rating: (12)

[QUOTE=McLoki

BTW - if you are waiting to look under a tree for happiness, it is doubfull you will find it. :)[/QUOTE]

LOL. Actually things have been so crazy here that for the first time ever we don't even have a tree Yea thats right, no tree. So like good little audiophiles we have all the presents set around the SVS . Hell, it is as big as a tree.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Sweet! That's the kind of warehouse guy I like.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thumbs up Wow!

Now that is what I call a good day of shopping! We should all be so fortunate. Congrats on your great purchases & I hope you & yours & all Polkies have a very Merry Christmas!:)
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Hey Opus...nice day `o shopping..

I too am using the SVS for a tree...got shiny stuff around it with a 1ft tree on top !

Glad to hear you Christmas is blessed..

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Sounds like an awesome day Opus. You and yours have a very Merry Christmas :) I hope the RTA-11's are working out well for you!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Thread Information