Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt
    I would also have to give a plug for the RM6750's. I just purchased and set them up. I had done extensive demo-ing to find a set that fit in my budget of about $400-500. I was able to pick these up for $299 at a local stereo shop. I am impressed with how these speakers sound. Yeah, the sub is a little small, but for the beginner, it's perfect. I was looking at other sub/sat set-ups and in that price range nothing came even close. The sound from others were very flat. These have a nice well rounded sound to them.
    I guess my aversion to these, are that he currently has a little set of surrounds.. yammies I think, for like $100 that he picked up a long time ago. He hooked them up several years back, and just laughed at the sound. It was really not even worth hooking up. So now, he just has all five of the little cubes sitting on top of his big bookshelves, and he only runs them for movies.. but you can't even tell the difference from those and his TV speaks.

Therefore, after me buying some nice Polks, I think that is more of the sound he is looking for. I'm really leaning toward a Monitor Setup, or possibly those RTi25's or the such. I think I will be able to find them used over the next few months, to pick up a complete set for a reasonable price.

RT1, I sure hope he likes it. Anything will blow what he currently has outta the water. I think he'll be really shocked, but that is why we give isn't it? :D I may make him buy his own cables... Haha. I know he'll have to re-arrange his family room, but I've been trying to get mom and dad to do that for awhile.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D :D :D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier
    Samsung 3600 BluRay Player

Life is Good!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by MrNightly
    I guess my aversion to these, are that he currently has a little set of surrounds.. yammies I think, for like $100 that he picked up a long time ago. He hooked them up several years back, and just laughed at the sound. It was really not even worth hooking up. So now, he just has all five of the little cubes sitting on top of his big bookshelves, and he only runs them for movies.. but you can't even tell the difference from those and his TV speaks......
    I'm pretty sure I know what Yamahas you are talking about, and let me tell ya.....there is NO COMPARISON!!! Not even close! Those Yamahas are like listening to 5 GPX clock radios.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,

Thread Information