Member Sales Rating: (0)

yes, southwest austin.

decato, disregard the PM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTX View Post
    decato, disregard the PM.
    I sent a reply anyway.

no sweat, I just replied back :) I wanted to pick your brain a few days ago about the inductor in the tweeter circuit but i already placed my order. my fingers are crossed.

crossovers are in, sound good thus far, however one tweeter is starting to fail. sadly the infamous intro to Yes - Owner of a lonley heart sounded compressed in one channel. swapped tweeters and located the culprit. rdo198's should be here on tuesday. oddly enough, i noticed the printing on the oem crossover circuit boards was incorrect. I think it was C2 and C3 that were swapped. the schematic is correct tho.

new crossovers, new tweets, and new grill cloth. project is done, another fine polk speaker restored and off to craigslist along with my SRT's. I can't keep buying speakers, I guess we could have worse addictions :)

new crossovers, new tweets, and new grill cloth. project is done, another fine polk speaker restored and off to craigslist along with my SRT's. I can't keep buying speakers, I guess we could have worse addictions :)
    reported

Banned

Nice work on the restoration!

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    reported
    why am i reported? I must say this is the most unwelcome audio forum around. I've got 3000-8000 posts on other forums, so i'm no stranger to the web. I feel like i'm spinning my wheels here trying to increase my post count to 100 so that I can post my SRT's and other polk gear for-sale. Where else to sell polk gear but to offer it to other polkies first but I guess in the end no one really cares.

why am i reported? I must say this is the most unwelcome audio forum around. I've got 3000-8000 posts on other forums, so i'm no stranger to the web. I feel like i'm spinning my wheels here trying to increase my post count to 100 so that I can post my SRT's and other polk gear for-sale. Where else to sell polk gear but to offer it to other polkies first but I guess in the end no one really cares.
    And yet after posting in different threads YOU KEEP alluding to all your gear you have for sale. Several members told you to stop but yet you keep tossing it in another thread...Good Grief man I'm sure you're not that dense. Trust me we watch out for the kind of stuff you're doing.

Take a look at j1mmy would you like that same banner......your call

If you have a good deal on you stuff weather it be eBay or Craigslist we all scour those and we will post it here for those who are looking and or interested.

Just contribute its that simple.

Never have I seen such disrespect to a fellow forum member. And needing 100 posts to list something for sale? just plain hideous... Again, I was just trying to CONTRIBUTE to the forum by offering my rare polk audio gear to "fellow polkies" first. For me, Audio is a hobby, not a lifestyle. It's in our blood or else we wouldn't be here - from the beginner home theater guy to the serious audiophile enthusiasts. either way, it's supposed to be a form of entertainment i.e. FUN, but this forum and it's divergent motions eliminate any possibility of such. (you know what they say about the few bad apples.) So picking on the new guy is just not happening on my watch. I'll take my audio quests elsewhere and will make my final contribution by not logging into this forum any longer. Enjoy.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Never have I seen such disrespect to a fellow forum member. And needing 100 posts to list something for sale? just plain hideous... Again, I was just trying to CONTRIBUTE to the forum by offering my rare polk audio gear to "fellow polkies" first. For me, Audio is a hobby, not a lifestyle. It's in our blood or else we wouldn't be here - from the beginner home theater guy to the serious audiophile enthusiasts. either way, it's supposed to be a form of entertainment i.e. FUN, but this forum and it's divergent motions eliminate any possibility of such. (you know what they say about the few bad apples.) So picking on the new guy is just not happening on my watch. I'll take my audio quests elsewhere and will make my final contribution by not logging into this forum any longer. Enjoy.
    Buh bye now...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer Elite VSX01 AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Sony CDP-C8ESD CDP, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's

Thread Information