Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Determined

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Determined

Green at this,anyways about 5/6 years ago went out and bought all this stuff, used it for maybe 4 months and gave up on it.Could never get it to work right.Now got the basement redone and I;am ready to try it again.Question is the rear speakers Fx300i they might or might not work on the wall.Plus there kinda big.Thinking of going to a mini or ceiling.Any suggestions or just stick with the 300,s. Lost the paper work on how and were to mount them and I really dont want them on a pedestal.Still cant figure out why I bought them,might not even be right with what I do have.Open basement 20x26,viewing area13x20.

Thanks.
    Samsung hls5687w
    Harman/Kardon AVR320
    polk fx300i back,psw-350sub,rt800i front,csi40 center

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default I need your help

Quote Originally Posted by ton-550
    Green at this,anyways about 5/6 years ago went out and bought all this stuff, used it for maybe 4 months and gave up on it.Could never get it to work right.Now got the basement redone and I;am ready to try it again.Question is the rear speakers Fx300i they might or might not work on the wall.Plus there kinda big.Thinking of going to a mini or ceiling.Any suggestions or just stick with the 300,s. Lost the paper work on how and were to mount them and I really dont want them on a pedestal.Still cant figure out why I bought them,might not even be right with what I do have.Open basement 20x26,viewing area13x20.
    Welcome to CP ton-550.

I see no one has offered any suggestions yet. I'm of not sure if it's because of the forum you posted in or if it's because of the rather, well, funky manner in which you typed it out. Lets see if I can sort it out a bit for someone to address. I'm not addressing it directly myself because for the most part although I built a half way decent HT, I'm not really all that interested in them. (That's an understatement.)

But here goes...

First off, I'm new at this so please bear with me. Five or six years ago I purchased HT equipment but only used it for about four months. I just couldn't seem to get it to work right. Now, I've finished off my basement and I'm ready to give it another try. My problem is that I'm not sure if I can get my rather large FX300i rears to work properly on my walls. Somehow I managed to loose the mounting instructions for them showing me how and where to place them and I'd rather not put them on stands. Now I'm wondering why I bought them as I'm not sure if they fit the bill for my 20'x26' room with a 13'x20' viewing area. I'm considering going with a pair of minis or ceiling speakers instead. Any ideas guys?

Maybe this will do the trick. Good luck.
    polkaudio speakers: SDA-SRS-2.3 (modified) SDA-2B SDA-CRS+ RT3000p CS400i LF-14 Monitor 7B

Member Sales Rating: (3)

BOB.....ya shouldn't have.. :)
    From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine. But I know the equilibrium's there! .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)

Thread Information