That's right -- I'm done (almost).
This is the first time in the (very brief) history of my 2-channel system that I've felt I have "arrived." In other words, I'm totally satisfied with the sound of my system. It sounds better than I ever imagined it could in my room. There's nothing in any audio store I've heard that sounds as good, regardless of brand name or price.
Seven lessons learned thus far --
1. Ya gotta tweak it.
2. Ya gotta mod it.
3. Ya gotta conduct extensive research on gear and demo lots of gear, cables, etc. in your room.
4. Ya gotta know what you want. It takes lots of time and lots of gear to determine that.
5. Ya gotta try stuff that is a radical departure from the traditional, including off brand gear.
6. Ya gotta learn a little bit about the technical implications of what you're doing. It's partly how you achieve synergy.
7. Ya gotta be patient and stick to your budget.
BTW -- I'm totally satisfied with my HT system, too.