Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Donnie Darko

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Exclamation Donnie Darko

A friend of mine said he heard this movie was good, and then read a two line review that talks about how this kid, Donnie, talks to a mechanical bunny and is all ****ed up. So we said "what the hell", and rented it.

I saw it, I thought it was pretty cool. When "Donnie" gives this creepy smile into the camera when he sees the giant (non-mechanical) bunny, it gave me chills.

I can't wait to watch this movie again, and I don't want to say too much about it if you haven't seen it.

Go rent it!

~JB

Member Sales Rating: (0)

this was a blind purchse for me based on recomendations..it was up on Ebay right after i watched it..i didnt like it at all..it seemed to me that they were like going out of thier way to 'Make" a cult movie..anyway its JMHO as many people did like it

Ruler of the gnome universe

You didn't like it, because it SUCKED. The buzz on this was incredible, and so when Justin loaned it to me I was all effin set for a great movie experience; you know, a fun, scary, creepy roller coaster ride a la THE OTHERS.

DONNIE DARKO wanted so badly to be a good creepy flick that I felt almost sad about it.

At one point in DONNIE DARKO, he's in the movie theater watching EVIL DEAD. That was a subliminal hint to rent EVIL DEAD instead of DONNIE DARKO.

Nothing scary here. But (completely wasted, talent-wise) co-star Jena Malone (CONTACT) will be super cute when she grows up, that's fersure.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney

HMmm....well I don't know if it was meant to be a creepy flick as much as it was meant to be a thinker. But I loved it, really great cast, good atmosphere and a very intruiging storyline!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Micah didn't like it cause there is too much Jesus in it. I think that maybe the director was trying a little too hard for this to be a "cult" movie, and I'm not happy about some of the stuff that happens in the end (voiceover flashbacks, like I need my hand held).

But besides that, I got chills watching it a second time. Not cause it's scary, but just cause it's a little creepy.

And no matter what I do, I can't get those damn 80s songs out of my head!!!!

~JB

[edit: And I didn't hear the "buzz" on this movie, I just went and picked it up from the self (only 1 copy), so my expectations were not all pumped up]

Thread Information