Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Great Day

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Talking A Great Day

Myself and Lou had the pleasure of meeting Joe (Hearingimpaired) and his wife yesterday. What a great day it was. First Joe and Phyllisann are great hosts. They made us feel very welcome and right at home. Joe has a great setup and I fell in love with the 1.2TL's, when I buy a house that will be a must have purchase. Joe's vinyl setup was awsome and I learned alot on how to take care of mine. He also cleaned up some of my records and gave me good sleeve's as well. We got to hear some awsome music including mapleshade recordings which were unbelieavable. Joe also cooked us up a fine dinner of prime rib and some big idaho potatos. All in all you could not ask for a better day. Thanks again Joe and Phyllisann for the great day.

Dave

Congrats on a great get-together folks. Another great cook.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I'm loving reading about all these Polkie get togethers!!!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (1)

What's this craziness where you mention "pleasure" and "Joe" in the same sentence? Maybe you meant the weather was pleasurable but Joe was his usual cranky self?:p :p ;) ;)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman32
    Myself and Lou had the pleasure of meeting Joe (Hearingimpaired) and his wife yesterday. What a great day it was. First Joe and Phyllisann are great hosts. They made us feel very welcome and right at home. Joe has a great setup and I fell in love with the 1.2TL's, when I buy a house that will be a must have purchase. Joe's vinyl setup was awsome and I learned alot on how to take care of mine. He also cleaned up some of my records and gave me good sleeve's as well. We got to hear some awsome music including mapleshade recordings which were unbelieavable. Joe also cooked us up a fine dinner of prime rib and some big idaho potatos. All in all you could not ask for a better day. Thanks again Joe and Phyllisann for the great day.

Dave
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. Joe & Phyllisann are two very fine people. I'm still miffed I couldn't make it. I would have loved to have met you guys as well. Now maybe if Joe had mentioned a nice prime rib dinner was being served I would have changed my appointment wity my CPA. I'm sure we'll hook up in the future.

Phil
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by brettw22
    What's this craziness where you mention "pleasure" and "Joe" in the same sentence? Maybe you meant the weather was pleasurable but Joe was his usual cranky self?:p :p ;) ;)

LOL you sound like my wife!!!

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Quote Originally Posted by brettw22

any man that prepares me a 2" thick piece of Rib steak and a potato clasifies as pleasurable, even if he hit me with a basball bat at the same time :D

anyhoo, seriously, it was a real cool time. Got alot of seat time with the 1.2tl's........veddy nice indead.

Learned alot about vinyl too. I also learned that the Oppo sounds bad Ass for redbook CD with an external DAC. quite surprised.

Apparently, I have a knack for diagnosing speaker rattles, since I found the source of Joe's rattle in the 1.2 rt channel in about 2.3 seconds. We unscrewed the passive, chucked some speaker gasket around the back, put it back on, and all was good in the universe.

Joe knows how to deglaze a pan after cooking a steak, dude, I am still dreaming about that gravy.

Phylis is frikkin cool :)

apparrently, I am going to have to by some mapleshade recordings, sounds like they know what there doin.

I'm sure I'll have more, but its time for lunch
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Quote Originally Posted by pearsall001
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. Joe & Phyllisann are two very fine people. I'm still miffed I couldn't make it. I would have loved to have met you guys as well. Now maybe if Joe had mentioned a nice prime rib dinner was being served I would have changed my appointment wity my CPA. I'm sure we'll hook up in the future.

Phil

Phil would have loved to have met you as well. We definitly have to do this again as it was such a good time.

Banned

This was a fun day. I really enjoyed Dave & Lou. We first started with just BSing about things with Phyllisann in the mix. Then a tour of our new humble abode and idea of some of our plans. Then we got to the meat and potatoes of the day. . . the 2 ch rig.

We listened to lots of vinyl, special CDs, redbook CDs, and SACDs. The three front ends here now are the VPI/SME/Dynavector for analog, Rich's (SCompRacer) Sony 999 CD/SACD/DVD w/modright tube modifications connected directoy to the preamp, and my Oppo 970 w/digital through a Timbre DAC and the Oppo SACD going directly to the preamp.

It was fun listiening to all the different media on the three different "players." Each of course had it own strengths. One thing I am extremely grateful for is that Lou, in a matter of seconds, diagnosed the rattle problem (only with deep/subsonic bass) in my right 1.2tl. One of the screws was loose and as it turned out the screw hole was stripped, After a little playing around with it Lou felt it better to try placing speaker gasket around the passive radiator and that did the trick.

I was amazed how instinctively those two guys shared the sweet spot.

It really is so awesome have real friends who share the same loves. Heck that little get together helped another of our friends in Georgia, he's a few more miles closer to a pair of SDA 1Cs.

I really enjoyed sharing my day with you guys it was awesome.

I've challenged Lou to an eating contest but I think he was intimidated by my size!!!! NOT!!! I'll still eat you under the table big boy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared
    I'll still eat you under the table big boy!!!!

you know the day's gonna come for you to back that boast..........
    and on that day, you best bring your A game ;)
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Member Sales Rating: (11)

very cool indeed.... nothing is better than audio, food and good company in my book. :)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ohskigod
    you know the day's gonna come for you to back that boast..........
    and on that day, you best bring your A game ;)

I bring my 'A' game everytime I come to a table for a meal . . . there just never seems to be enought food!!!!!!!!:D :p

Banned

Banned

Lou the next time you come I'll order a couple hundred wings then we will see who the eating king is.

This I have to see. Oh and have a few for myself.:D

Banned

Default Vertical Bi-amping

Lou I was talking a friend of ours (sounds like mafia talk LOL) about our vertical/horizontal bi-amping debate the other night and asked about vertical bi-amping. The way I understand it is as follows:

My 565s on the lows, my Parasound on the highs of the 1.2 TLs.

I actually don't remember the details of the horizontal bi-amping he explained. . . I was a little retarded that night.

Perhaps he will read this, reveal himself and set us straight, LOL!!!

Banned

I forgot to mention one thing about our get together Saturday. . . Dave is a geek genius. . .he can take a Rubik's cube and solve the whole thing in minutes. I've never seen anything like it.

I forgot to mention one thing about our get together Saturday. . . Dave is a geek genius. . .he can take a Rubik's cube and solve the whole thing in minutes. I've never seen anything like it.
    A geek genius..I like it. Thanks for the complement Joe. :D

Lou the next time you come I'll order a couple hundred wings then we will see who the eating king is.

done.....and DONE :)

2 Channel -

Thread Information