Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: CS1 vs CS400i

  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9

    Question CS1 vs CS400i

    Hi, guys how are you. Iím back and I have question maybe someone can help me out.
    I have now a home theater system and my systems consist of the following:
    I have an onkyo 603 receiver:
    An Rti 70 as my front speakers;
    A CS1 as my center speaker;
    A pair of monitor 30 as my rear (surround) speakers
    And a psw 450 as my subwoofer.
    Somebody offer me a cs400i (secondhand but in verry good condition) instead to replace my CS1, but I have to give him my CS1 and $60. I donít know if that's a good offer. I have tried de CS400i, myself and it sounds very good, but I donít know if thatís a good offer, because my CS1 is only 1 year old. Please help my out.

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    15,835

    Default

    give him $50 and not $60.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,499

    Default

    You would be better off waiting to see if you can find a CSi40 at some point in the future. It will be a better match for your RTi70s than the CS400i.
    "Just because youíre offended doesnít mean youíre right." - Ricky Gervais

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

    "Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shack
    You would be better off waiting to see if you can find a CSi40 at some point in the future. It will be a better match for your RTi70s than the CS400i.
    Isn't the CS400i a MUCH better center channel than the CS1, and really much closer to a match to those RTi70's than a CS1? Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't hesitate to make the trade. However, CSi40's can be had for relatively cheap, and then you have a real match for the 70's.

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbpolk
    Isn't the CS400i a MUCH better center channel than the CS1, and really much closer to a match to those RTi70's than a CS1?
    Probably.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbpolk
    However, CSi40's can be had for relatively cheap, and then you have a real match for the 70's.
    My point exactly...if your are going to change...do it right the first time.
    "Just because youíre offended doesnít mean youíre right." - Ricky Gervais

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

    "Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shack
    Probably.


    My point exactly...if your are going to change...do it right the first time.
    Agreed!:p

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by shack
    You would be better off waiting to see if you can find a CSi40 at some point in the future. It will be a better match for your RTi70s than the CS400i.
    whatís the differents ( in sounds etc) between those two center speakers

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiwi
    whatís the differents ( in sounds etc) between those two center speakers
    What's the diffence between your RTi70's and Monitor 50's? Lots. I suspect your question might have referred to the CSi40 and CS400i though, as opposed to the CS1 vs. CS400i. Different tweeters, different crossovers, different cabinet design, etc. The CSi40 is timber matched with the same driver/tweeter compliment as the RTi70, and is matched in terms of cosmetics as well. The CS400i has different veneer, different grill, etc. Both are nice speakers, and I think are significantly better than the CS1. YMMV. :)

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,426

    Default

    Since the CS1 doesn't math your RTi's now, I would grab the trade.

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by sbpolk
    What's the diffence between your RTi70's and Monitor 50's? Lots. I suspect your question might have referred to the CSi40 and CS400i though, as opposed to the CS1 vs. CS400i. Different tweeters, different crossovers, different cabinet design, etc. The CSi40 is timber matched with the same driver/tweeter compliment as the RTi70, and is matched in terms of cosmetics as well. The CS400i has different veneer, different grill, etc. Both are nice speakers, and I think are significantly better than the CS1. YMMV. :)
    I meant the different between the cs400i vs. the csi40. I thought the csi40 was just only the new version of the cs400i and that the csi5 later on replaced the csi40. Tell me!! Is the cs400i to outdate!!! Or is there more significant different!!!

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamM2
    Since the CS1 doesn't math your RTi's now, I would grab the trade.
    Yeah but the cs1 is only10 month. On top of that he asked me $60,-.Do you think I still got a good deal, giving him the cs1 and $60,- for the cs400i.

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    632

    Default

    The differences I mentioned are between the CSi40 and CS400i. If you really want it right, the CSi40 is the way to go. The CS400i though, is a much better match than the CS1. For $60, I would do it for sure. Or sell your CS1 and buy a CSi40 for around $175 shipped. Your call.

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Drexel Hill, Pa.
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Wait and go for the csi40
    Michael


    Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbpolk
    The differences I mentioned are between the CSi40 and CS400i. If you really want it right, the CSi40 is the way to go. The CS400i though, is a much better match than the CS1. For $60, I would do it for sure. Or sell your CS1 and buy a CSi40 for around $175 shipped. Your call.
    where can I find one csi40 for that price, let me know. I'm inresting!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Want to buy: CS400i
    By adam2434 in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 08:49 AM
  2. CS400i
    By aviveros in forum Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 02:15 AM
  3. WTD: CS400i
    By Clint G in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 07:03 PM
  4. fs: CS400i
    By fgr41 in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-22-2003, 11:03 AM
  5. CS400i
    By jmierzur in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts