Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default a matter of degree

Ya know, I listen to you guys .. some of you owning more pairs of speakers NOW than I've owned in my lifetime.. some of you having more invested in speakers than I have invested in cars.. and I sit here watching/listening to The Matrix on my Monitor 7Cs as mains, 5jr+ as surrounds, and an Advent center purchased off these forums for $35... and I'm .. excuse me.. ****ing blown away. This sounds GREAT!! I'm STILL impressed with the bass response of these 7s. And I know... or I assume..that many of your systems blow mine away. Yet I realize how many people enjoy "HT" as an all-in-one box they got at WalMart... and they're impressed and happy. Only because I've subscribed to Stereo Review/Sound & Vision since the early 80s can I understand how some people subscribe to magazines devoted to .. ****.. fishing.. or ... pottery.. or some other such ****.

Anyway... happy to be a part of this crowd.. to have a hobby/interest that plays a part in my life daily... and, regardless of where if falls compared to yours.. happy to have a kick-ass audio/video system that rocks my cookies and rattles my rafters.

Long live audio junkies.. may I someday possess the $$$ to really feed the need.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

"I understand how some people subscribe to magazines devoted to .. ****.. fishing.. or ... pottery.."

LMFAO!!
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend

Member Sales Rating: (40)

I'm right there with ya brotha, I've had many hobbies/interests come and go, but the audio 'obsession' has stayed consistent (or grown), and gives me the most enjoyment......

I'm stuck at work today, and all I can think about is my newfound RT7's at home (thanks Troy), and the next track I'm gonna feed em....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

and the next track I'm gonna feed em....
    I thinking Fleetwood Mac for some reason.........
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!

Member Sales Rating: (14)

It's a great hobbie.It does bring alot of enjoyment.

Weather or not your personal system compares to someones else's is irrelevant.What really matters is how much you enjoy it.It doesn't matter if it's right,wrong,somewhere in the middle........

I think I get just about all the audio/video mag's.I'm a bit obsessed.I 2 have many different hobbies, but this one is my favorite.

I do wonder this.........is it the kill or the hunt that is most exciting?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Audio is a great hobby, but I'll never give up my subscriptions to "Knitting Today", "Knitting Review and World Report", or "The Macrame Journal".

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Customer Service

I do wonder this.........is it the kill or the hunt that is most exciting? [/B][/QUOTE]

The hunt .......most definitly the Hunt.....

Jay

bundette you got to start somewhere , all of us did, and its alot of fun to climb the upgread latter to.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

burdette, good on you brotha. If your rig sounds good to you than good on ya. One need not spend a fortune to have good gear, IMO.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Thread Information