Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Places local you like to go......

How about we talk about places we like to go that are fairly local to our areas. Maybe something that I would like to see if I came to your area on vacation....

1) Smoky Mtns. All of you have heard of the Smoky, but I wonder how many have visited. One of my favorite places in the Smokies is Cades Cove. It's has a road that circles it that is about 15 miles long and you see nothing but mountains on either side and there are old churches and houses from the early 1800's inside the cove. There are 2-3 nice streams/creeks that run thru it coming off the mountain that have pretty good fishing or just cooling off. There are many large fields that we stop at and take a small grill and cooler and just sit out and fix burgers and dogs and drink beer, but watch out for bears. You will always see many, many deer and many times we see bear, wolves, racoon etc. There is a camp ground inside the cove (if you want to party camp in Gatlinburg), but they are very strict about what you do there. There are 3 dirt mountain roads that lead out of there that are great to drive thru the mountains and can be done in a car, but I recommend a 4X4. It's a great place to spend a day!
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!

Been there, done that but don't really remember it because I was too little. :D

Aaron

To anyone coming thru east tn., I agree with nascarman. Cades cove is like a lost hideaway just waiting to be explored. My wife and I recently took the kids there, what surprised me was that they did not get bored with the ride around the cove. You would think that a child would get sick of driving around in there but they were really into it with all the deer and turkeys they saw.
    Me, I would love to have a house like the one we came to on the oppisite side of the cove, It has the most unusual looking barn across from it that I have ever seen. Some of the views are really spectacular. Another place that is up in the smoky mtns. that we like to visit is a stop called the chimneys, there is lots of room to find a spot for a picnic and then you can venture out onto thes huge boulders that are present all down the river that flows by there. If your significant other is getting bored you can venture down to gatlinburg and shop for anything from homemade candy to items that are unique to this area.
    If you motor down even further to pigeon forge you will find an oasis of things to do from rides for the kids to oulet shopping for you and your woman, to a romantic ride in a helcopter over pigeon and the smoky mountains. Oh yeah and some of the best trout fishing around.

Later,
    Mike

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Charleston, SC......beaches, historical sites, GOLF, restaurants...the highest concentration of college girls per capita (due in large part to the 3:1 female/male ration at College of Charleston)....it's ALL here, I tell ya.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Spaceman Spiff
    Member Sales Rating: (22)

Disneyland/California Adventure...I go at least once every couple of weeks (more during winter, less crowds). Just spent this past Saturday and Sunday over there. It's my other hobby.

Steelhead Brewery...Love the beer, love the food and I can smoke cigars. Great place to hang and relax.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

I like hanging out at Shady Grove here in Austin. Great atmosphere (better when the road construction ends) and laid back people and such. Good food as well.

I also like to head down to Ski Shores by the lake. Great atmosphere, and a really fun drive down there :)

- Steven
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200

Member Sales Rating: (1)

seccond star to the right and strait on to morning

i like to go to sleeping bare dunes
    ceider point
    canada -eh
    skiing on boyng mountan
    Gonzo's World
    BenQ 8700+
    115in screen
    PS3,X-Box 360 and Wii
    Sunfire Theater Grand III
    ADCOM GFA-7607
    four avalanch 18 subs 26.12l of displacement
    Crown xti 4000

In western Colorado, we have a couple of great hot springs pools and spas. One in Ouray and one in Glenwood Springs. Nothing better than skiing during the day and soaking in a hot springs pool at night. (the colder the better) The hot water is also great after a day of hiking or fishing in the mountains. Surrounding these areas are two large national forests with a wealth of streams, lakes, and jeep roads. Hell, you can even run up the road a piece to Aspen and drink beer at the Jerome Hotel, or zip over to Grand Junction to our local microbrewery The Rockslide. Then just down the road and hour and 1/2 is Moab, Utah. But that is another story.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

The French Quarter in New Orleans. Bourbon St., beads, boobs, and booze--need I say more?
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, bitches. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre

Member Sales Rating: (14)

The NJ shores in the summer,Great Adventure,Hersey Park,Dorney Park,Crystal cave,Poconos Mountians,All the Museums In Philly .....Please touch,Franklin Instute,Etc.Camden Aquarium.

Much to do around here...........Not to mention the fleet of audio and video stores.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

I hear ya Paul!

I grew up in Evergreen Colorado. Our school was so ski nuts that every other friday for twelve weeks they would have a "ski" day...rent 4 buses and take the student body to Winter Park for the day.

Also my parents would let me take a friend and we would hit Sunlight one day, and Buttermilk the next, and three days of Glenwood to soak our tired bones.

The Hotel Colorado still have the ski and stay deals? Man what a beautiful place to stay.

Damn Paul now your making me homesick!:)
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png

im doing the smokey mountains in october. four of us are gonna do a thousand mile ride on our 4 wheelers.should be fun and im looking foward to it.ill be sure to watch delivernce before i go.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

ill be sure to watch delivernce before i go.
    Now wait just a minute!!!! That is just not right. That movie was portrayed in GEORGIA!!!! Here in Tennessee we don't need to mess with the tourist. That is what cousins are for!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Member Sales Rating: (13)

shack's on a roll!!!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Nascarmann and hotwheelman - What are you doing? We don't need anymore tourist in the Great Smokys/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.:D The problem about a great place like the Smokys is that all of these folks from Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Florida, etc...find out about it and then we have to share it with them. I love the mountains but I try and get off the beaten path where no one else goes. You guys from East TN need to go the the Big South Fork. Really nice, no Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg tourist traps (Just Oneida) and it is really not crowded.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

uhhhhhhhhhh.............point taken...........
    What part of tn. are you in shack?

Knoxville

oh,o.k. My wife and I have to make a trip down every now and then for our son to see his nuerosurgeon. He has a v.p. shunt and gets an annual checkup at the childrens hospital just down the street from the ronald house..............You ready for vol season? I assume you are a fan?:D

Yes of course MY BLOOD RUNS DEEP ORANGE. I graduated from UT and used to go to a lot of the games. I knew John Majors pretty well and I hated the way he was treated but I'm still a fan. As you can tell by my earlier post I do not like crowds and jamming in that stadium with 109,000 friends (especially in August and September) is not my idea of a great way to see a game. Plus they are all on TV now anyway. The only time I go is when I get invited to one of the skyboxes or or I get invited to go by boat on the river. The last two times we went by boat we just stayed on the river and partied and watched the game on TV.

shack
    have you ever been to memphis in may?

Yes I have. Why do you ask?

bdm,

Is that where you found your latest male 'lifestyle companion'?

BDT

You guys from East TN need to go the the Big South Fork.
    Been there....done that shack. We hit White top Mtn and High nob alot. More in the winter when there is snow....

This is moma and my dad on the way up to High nob last year. No snow at the bottom.....this is about 1/3 of the way up at the old cemetery...

Member Sales Rating: (25)

Mama's gotta squeeze box Daddy never sleeps at night...

Don't really go with that picture, I just like the song.
    Last edited by hoosier21; 08-29-2002 at 10:14 AM.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

You drinking already hoosier....:D

Bastards! drinking already!

I'm ass deep in preparing to send a large group of folks a LONG way from home for 6+ months (and I can't go dammit) with a few that are going to miss the births of thier children.....

talk about a bad day...

BDT

Thank God for those young men and women though.....My thought and prayers are with them....

It just kind of puts things in perspective.......

BDT

i like to hit the blues festival the frist weekend in may .50 bands in 3 days .it's a great time 300,000 people .thats alot of boobies.troy i never asked you about that time i caught you naked with that bowl jello?

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Good job bdm, on the spacebar, but it goes AFTER the period, not before.....

;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Thread Information