Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Mantis-what's the best for these speak's

Manis.....need your help?

price/quality/satisfaction/value.......your opinion/experience counts.

what ROTEL pre/pow amps are best suited/matched for the LSi's 25's/9's and Totem Forest/Staff........planning to keep this two channel system for a long time.......not planning to up grade again for about another 10yrs unless I will a lottery.

PRE..................

RC-1090
    RC-1070

POWER...................

RB 1090
    RB 1080
    RB 1070
    RB 1050

I haven't listened to anythings before but definitely will be picking up a set of these but not sure when.......If money was not and issues I would go out today and pick up a pair of speak's and the amps. I'm sure your experience with these equipment will help me decide what's the best.

thanks,

dc.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Hey speaker7,
    If your planning on a 2 channel rig, and want to do it right from the get go??
    With the speakers youur lookin at,Id consider the rb1080 200 watt dual mono THX amp.It has more then enough power to scream any speaker into 100+++db......clean.If your room is small,then Id look at the rb1070 wich is 130x2...very nice amp,same clean power as it's bigger brother.

The rb1080 retails for 999.99........and it's a steal at that price.
    The rb1070 is only 699.99..........again a super steal at retail.
    The only reason Id even consider a monster like the awesome rb1090 is if your room is really large.This amp is 380 x 2.All rating's are at 8 ohm load.They all double in watts in 4 ohm loads.No need for all that power.

The preamps both stereo amps are really nice.the rc 1070 doesn't have a lcd readout and comes in at rock bottom price......499.99.
    The rc 1090 has balanced out rs 232 for control and an lcd readout....this pre amp comes in at 1199.99 which is really good for whole house as well.

You really need to go listen,they all sound real close,Rotel doen't cheap out on there lower lines.They all sound fantastic.

The Totems I do believe run in an 4ohm load as do the Lsi's.You know I don't want to tell you what to do but if your liking Totem,Id really consider Dynaudio, they do it better,sound wise.Totem uses Dynaudio's drivers,second order I believe.

The Lsi's go with Rotel like Peanut butter and jelly.
    This leaves the wire.Much out there to choose from.Audio Quest makes good in that range wire as well as Kimber cable.Transparent is top of the line and you will pay alot for there wire.I believe they have the overall very best musical sounding cables I have ever heard.I'm totally into there cables.You should see If you have dealers around that carry All of the above, so you can mate the correct wire for you with your new system.
    This is a fun time, don't rush into anything.Listen for awhile and see where your ears lead you.
    Have alot of fun man,If I can help any further don't hesitate to ask.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

I just thought about it more,
    Id go with the rc 1070 and the rb1080, it won't matter if down the road you put your system in a large room, it will cover it nicely.I think thats what you where after where you not???
    But the wire you should listen to extensively,spend you money well now and never upgrade down the road, unless your obsessed like me and then your always wanting to upgrade......change you mind and such.....
    Dan

I just had another thought,
    Man you gotta see them in silver......gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!!!!And the pre amp lights up in blue...Damn now I want new ****.:D
    Dan

Default OOOooo Pretty

Parasounds new HALO line
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by jrausch; 08-25-2002 at 11:40 PM.

Default ...

DANG!!!!!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC

Mantis,

Thanks again for your great detailed response/expertise. I will definitelyl have a closer look at the real products soon but I wanted to get a better idea before I go out and ask questions about the pre/amps.....don't want to be a real idiot in front the sales rep at the high end stereo stores......sometimes I feel a little awkward going to high end places because they only treat the serious clients who are going to purchase immediately and have alot of cash in their wallets to flash.

Also, I never though much about the cables and how much they could have on the sound of the music. (I will have also look into it)

thanks again Dan for your time and you surely will hear back from me again but will not be a proud owner quite yet but will sure be interesting if and when you get your hands on the rb 1090 and see how this powers your Lsi's.

dc.:D

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

While I was in Maine a couple weeks ago, I demoed (briefly) some KEF RDM2's on a Parasound Halo set up....drop DEAD sexy looking. Not enough to make me consider ditching my silver faced, rack handled Carver's but DAMN nice gear.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

I'm so into the silver thing, making it's big comeback........i'm really tired of the black ash gear/speakers/etc.

O yeah that Parasound gear looks sweat....thats pretty much how Rotel desided to go with the Blue lights......
    Dan

Default missed this....

The Lsi's go with Rotel like Peanut butter and jelly
    If that's the case, then Carver and Dahlquist go together like a good steak and lobster!!!

Also, that got me to thinking, since Rotel and B&W are owned by the same company, do Rotels NOT sound good with rock music as well??

BDT

since Rotel and B&W are owned by the same company, do Rotels NOT sound good with rock music as well??
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... ..
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!

Member Sales Rating: (40)

'Me and Jenny was like peas and carrots' - F Gump
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Re: OOOooo Pretty

Originally posted by jrausch
    Parasounds new HALO line
    I don't know a damned thing about Parasound and with that look of their system, I'd just about buy on that alone...... :-) Damn sexy!!!!

So aside from a purely physical attraction to this line :) , how good of a product does this company put out? No digital/optical in/outs? Are they a basic no frills kinda company or do they have a good amount of options to play with? Curious.......
    Last edited by brettw22; 08-26-2002 at 10:30 AM.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

The Parasound Halo line is STEREO only.
    Great gear, I own the HCA 1500A power amp. Love to own the HCA 3500 power amp, dual mono with two separate AC cords on a single chassis and only 85 lbs.
    Checkout their "classic line" for HT pre/pro and multi-channel amps.

EFF HT.

BDT

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

what can I say, I got music in my sole.

BDT

Easy there Troy, you better be ready to side step, and attack the attack.... ;)

Talking

No worries, I get mad, then I get glad......

BDT:D

Wow,
    that post went from being cool to being kicked.........all that in one day..WOW

Ok Rotel CAN PLAY ANYTHING AS B&W Cannot in my opnion.I think B&W speakers have a scence of space that rock music just doesn't sound well.Buy as I put before they can play just abou all other kinds of music extremely well.........Rotel and B&W goes together well as well.......still can't play rock music.......

Parasound looks good but I have not heard the new stuff.I can't comment on how good it sounds.

TroyD,
    you have an amazing amount of Info spewing out of your post but they have no rhyme or reason........I think it needs to be delt with
    Dan

I think troy hasa lot of good tips.je helped me with my set up and it sounds a hundred times better then it did.I've heard his rig at his house as well and it sounds amazing.two thumbs up to troy and his wealth of information.so as far anyone else is concerned you can grab a spoon and eat my ass

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..........

so as far anyone else is concerned you can grab a spoon and eat my ass
    I prefer my ass served at room temperature, please. :D

Aaron

bdm, that is a visual that I certainly don't even want to THINK about, but thanks.

Dan, I apologize for cracking on ya but it is all in good fun..........

as far as dealing with the info, what was I not clear on? I much prefer 2ch to HT. Not that I don't enjoy HT, but 2ch is where it is at for me. I thought the Rotel/B&W question was a fair one. As far as the Dahlquist/Carver thing, damn right, I'll take it over the LSi's/anything combo any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

bdm, man, get your A100 repair on brother. It makes me SAD to think those are going unused.

BDT

Umm,
    I don't recall ripping on your system Big Dumb Offended.I don't do that and you know it.......any reason for the Lsi comment???
    By the way that comment was a joke Big Dumb.
    Don't go there man I love my system as much or more then you love yours.

Now I could make some ******* comments about your loved system..but I won't.You system doesn't even.......like I said I will leave it alone for now.

You seem lately to have a bug up your cornhole.......anything you want to talk about Dumb???

EFF HT...........twice on Sunday?you get mad then glad???what made you mad..me???

Constant usage of my lines??????Music in your sole??

Then the compare .....peanutbutter and jelly........what your deal dude???

I have mated Lsi with Rotel and I just so happen to think..better put I KNOW it goes together extremely well ass!!!!!

We where having a nice post untill you come inhere rubbing your buttchecks on it......I don't know if I should feel pitty or square off with you........It's your call Troy....wanna dance or play nice???
    Dan

O I just thought about wire........no comments on it?????Don't you just want to rip up my Bi wires now????Or are they wrong 2.I still have Monstercable there..........didn't replace it yeat.......M1.4s bi wires baby........donj't you just feel the need to kick them???Go look at my pic's so you can remember what they looked like so you can pound them into the ground.

Maybe I should sell the Rotel and go buy some Carver amps, and try to find a passive preamp........or should I just use a receiver as my pre amp..that will work........Whatever !!!!!dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I order my new wires should I give you a call to make sure I make the right choice???Or stop in the local Home Depot and do it up?:p
    Last edited by mantis; 08-27-2002 at 12:09 AM.
    Dan

or should I just use a receiver as my pre amp..that will work........Whatever !!!!!dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There you go again.....I'm not involved in this battle but you bring up my receiver being used as my pre-pro..... What happened to the humor you had going on....

I forgot my smiles dude sorry no rip on your system.....I gotta add in a few so Troy doesn't melt down
    Dan

I think Dan's post is in good humor, I know he doesn't want the ass-pounding liv4fam got, so it's gotta be in good humor.... ;)

Mofo just needs to get his smilies on....

Dan, you have to hear the classic DQ-10 to believe it, it is highly regarded among golden-eared audiofiles.....and even a few common men..... I'll go ahead and say its my 7th wonder of the audio (speaker) world. I can MAYBE name 6 other speakers EVER made that can stand toe-2-toe, across the board with em......

Troy's claim may have been a LITTLE direct, but does hold some weight in my book, regardless....

Cheers,
    Rooster

Member Sales Rating: (25)

me me me me me this is all about me

Wanna fight? were you talking to ME? Were you?

You said this, was that about me? Well if it was.. man I am not going there you know how I feel.

Huh did you say something about me? yes me

Thin Skinned
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Thread Information