Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Help please, PA 880 amp with 1 - 12" DXI 124dvc ???

So i just got my PA 880 amp installed with a single 12" DXI 124 DVC 4ohm dual voice coil subwoofer. The amp has a bunch of buttons and i don't think my installer messed with any of them but he might have. Can Anyone help me with what settings i should set the knobs and buttons to on the amp? I just want to get good bass from the sub without damaging it. I exhanged one of these subs because the spider wire or w/e near the connection metal tabs on the subwoofer were cracking and coming apart. I have a feeling its from too much heat so i want my amp configuration to match this 1 sub i have. Thanks for your help. Here's some pictures and specs.

pa880 amp

Product Height- 2"
    Product Width- 13-1/4"
    Product Weight- 7.8 lbs.
    Product Depth- 8-1/8"
    Continuous Watts per Channel (4 Ohms)- RMS 300 x 1
    Continuous Watts per Channel (2 Ohms)- RMS 500 x 1
    Peak Power Watts per Channel (4 Ohms)- 500 x 1
    Peak Power Watts per Channel (2 Ohms)- 800 x 1
    Number of Channels 1
    1 Ohm Stable- No
    Amplifier Class and Type- Class AB
    Low-Pass Filter Variable (50Hz, 90Hz, 500Hz)
    Line-Level Input- Yes
    Speaker-Level Input- Yes
    Crossover Frequency Range- 50-500Hz
    Bass Boost- Yes
    Signal-to-Noise Ratio- 80dB
    Fan Cooled- No
    Bridgeable- No

Polk Audio 12" DXI 124DVC 4 ohm dual voice coil

720w peak
    360 watts rms
    frequency response 27hz - 200hz
    sensitivity 88 db
    impedance 4 ohm

Turn bass boost off. Phase set to 0. Gain set to the 10:00 position. Crossover set to low pass. Set the crossover frequency to the 10:00 position and adjust it as needed for what sounds best to you. You can turn the gain up a little if the sub is too low but don't go above the "noon" position. Its not a volume knob, it matches the amps input with the head units output so that when the head unit is at 50% volume, the amp is too.

Awesome ill try this out thanks

what is the power handling of the sub? if it can handle the power the amp and push out, you should set the gain with a DMM, there are tons of videos, and JL audio has step by step instructions on how to you gains with a DMM.

this was funny situation. i had done some work for a guy i know. he asked if i wanted his old klf10's in his closet. i said ok. i brought them home. wife said get rid of them. shes not much into the speaker scene. but i had to laugh. im new to polk audio and she doesnt care. so i though. she is my ears when i set up systems. she didnt even want to hear them. she said she liked our sda2's. i thought id share this with polk lovers. i decided my long 3+ years of changing out speakers has come to a end unless i come across some other old polk speakers. i hope to find a good home for these speakers....so i think i will sell them or givr them to someone who may need them..they are like new inside. couple of scratches....now the bad. he put a plantpot on one of them. there is a ring on top. i could sand it down n stain it i guess or just tell whoever to put a cloth top and youd never know. i guess. any ideas what these speakers are valued at today. or should i just sell them with condition there in. i know its hard without pictures. also. i hope im not breaking rules by asking

Thread Information