Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Default POLL: If you were to move...

From one state to another, which state would this be and why? Please specify which state you would move from.

Thanks,

Mike
    Last edited by MikeC78; 04-17-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Tough if not impossible for me. I live in Alaska, and cant imagine ever living anywhere else. I guess if I had to move, it would probably be to Montana or Wyoming because they are the only states that can even approach having Alaskas wide-open spaces, though they obviously pale in comparison. I just hope I never have to leave Alaska!:D
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Back to the Peach State for me...
    Born and raised a GA boy and always find myself looking to return from time to time. Something about so many transplants willing to get to know each other that rings right with me. Kind of like our very own Forum. Even moved back for a year just to see if you could really ever go home. Turns out the detractors are wrong and you really can...

Though Kentucky is beautiful in its own way. Just about every drive is scenic. And the city of Louisville is probably the pinnacle of the "small-big city concept". Where you can still talk to strangers on skyscrapers.
    Last edited by zombie boy 2000; 04-17-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore

I would move from New Jersey to...New Jersey.

I've been other places and the only option I think I would go for is Australia but since I have yet to go there and test it out, I can't say for sure. However, every time I go and spend some time some other place, I miss NJ. I'm not talking about a week or a few days, I'm talking about spending months some where else. My job has afforded me the opportunity to do so. Every time though, I can always find something that I miss about NJ.

I like NJ. It's not everybody's cup of tea and most everyone else thinks there is something wrong with NJ (i.e.: smell, mafia, so on...). I actually like it that way because it keeps people out of the NJ that I know. I'd rather have everyone else think NJ is the arm-pit of the world because if they ever knew the truth, they'd likely want to come and live here too. Then it'd REALLY be crowded!
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I'd move almost anywhere from Texas. Alaska would be my first choice though...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Spaceman Spiff
    Member Sales Rating: (22)

One of the Hawaiian Islands to be sure, why? Very tropical, lush with beautiful landscape and beaches.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

SC - Charleston, b/c it's a great all around city.

FL - Sanibel Island, beaches man! beaches!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I'd stay close to home. The mountains of SW Virgina, Western North and South Carolina or NE Georgia. I can visit all the other places....but this is home.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Coastal GA - probably in the Golden Isles and preferably on Jekyll Island. Soooooo laid back and care free + ocean = a winner for me.

Washington St. - I loved Seattle and the trip out to the ocean was nice but, I don't think I could handle the weather - grey skies make me depressed.
    I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set

Member Sales Rating: (10)

That's really a tough one. I've been in the Philly/South Jersey areas my whole life. I've visited a few places on vacation but never really thought about making a move. I know one thing for sure, until the in-laws depart there is no way in hell my wife would ever consider moving. Unless we took them with us. NAH!!!!LOL
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Chicago. I just like it there.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California

definitely Honolulu...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

From Toledo Oh. to Las Vegas NV. As a musician I just loved it there. I don't gamble so it would be perfect!

I would move to Monterey, California if I could just pack up and leave. It's northern California, so it's nice and cool there. Not too far away from the big cities, but still nestled right next to the crashing ocean surrounded by pristine woodlands.

Love it there. Then again, I love it here too and know I'll never leave. I'll save those great places for vacations.

Member Sales Rating: (47)

From central Ga. to Charleston SC, Savannah GA. or somewhere adjacant to the Smokies,,Tn.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I love Arizona, now sure, If I won a bagillion dollars in the lotto, maybe a posh condo on the vegas strip....:D

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

I moved from Washington to Arizona, and the only thing I miss is the fishing. So, I guess because of warmth and plenty of fishing opportunities, probably Florida, which was choice two when we ended up in Az.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I came to Arizona via the Army, I'm originally from STL. Been in Az for 15 years.

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

Member Sales Rating: (40)

East / Northeast. I want green, and tons of it. A beach within reach wouldn't be objectionable. I like it here in North Texas just fine, short of those 60-90 days of almost unbearable heat starting mid July or so.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I love the atmosphere here in Arkansas, but the summer heat sucks! I'm not inclined to move anywhere other than back to Wisconsin. It's just like home, but 20 degrees cooler.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I've been to most all the states and still it like here at The Mars Hotel. Mountains about 30-45 minutes in one direction, ocean's a few hours in the other and then there's the bay with it's beaches, fishing and the best sailing in the world. Yes sir, this truly is the land of pleasant living.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind the Dales of northern England or possibly the Black Forest in Germany.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

I'm in north Texas right now and I'd rather be back in Tulsa where I lived for 13 years prior to moving here. I grew up in Arkansas, went to college in Ft Collins, Co (CSU) and then to OK. I've been in TX since the summer of 2004. It's ok...but I'm not fond of it. lol. Taxes are ridiculous here for phones, etc. But, I do travel a lot for work and see lots of places. I just like Tulsa...not too big, not too small.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?................. ................Sinner.

I would get as far away from NJ as possible. When I drove a truck I got to see the entire country and for me it would be the south. Either the NC or SC or I would go west to Las Vegas.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

From Pittsburgh to Stanford, California. Great weather, nice college town (chicks, etc.) plus I could probably find work there. Close to wine country and the Northwest states of Oregon, etc. It's close to the big city (San Francisco). Interesting culture, lot's of stuff to do. Plus I love the Salmon and Alaskin King Crab legs. All the good seafood get's eatin in CA before it get's east. I couldn't afford the housing market, and the fruit and nut population, so I probably won't ever move there. Just a pipe dream.
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Well if I did move anywhere.. it would have to be the Oregon coast... it's extemely beautiful in the summer.. the Pacific ocean out your front door.. A big campfire with a nice bottle of wine, and a crabfest cooking away, breathing in the ocean breeze.. man, that is living I tell you.

I really like the Northwest. 4 distinct season's, plenty of fresh air, little humidity, big mountains, tons of lakes, ocean, and it's green here too. So all you MoFo's stay away. :p

Have a nice day! :D

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    I came to Arizona via the Army, I'm originally from STL. Been in Az for 15 years.
    From STL, huh ? Where'd you go to high school ? :)
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

webdude

I'd want to live up in western Montana or in Oregon up in the mountains.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

From the armpit of the nation(Peoria) to Western Montana. But with computers nowadays my wife and kids would probably find me, so I guess I will just stay here and visit there.

I love PA but if I were to change I would go to Florida. I love the weather. I'm sick of the winter months here.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880

stereo_luver

Can't say for sure. I reside in Marietta, Georgia....but I work all over the US. I've worked in and traveled thru every State and seen more than most will on TV. I tend to wander off the beaten path as often as I can to see what is missed traveling the Interstates and Freeways. Certain areas are more beautiful during different times of the year. I grew up in Florida, from the panhandle to the keys. This will always be a fave of mine. But, I always find something, somewhere that intrigues me and makes me want to settle there. At this writing I could honestly say that a small, unknown by most, township of Fairhope, AL. would be my first choice. Small enough where everybody knows their neighbors. Quaint and settled, secure and peaceful, clean and respected by those who live there. Stars are visible at night, the beach (not crowded) is close. You can leave your kids downtown at night and they are safe and someone will make sure they get home. Major shopping is only a short drive (1/2 - 1 hour away). This is only my opinion and please do not move there and ruin it...LOL.
    Last edited by stereo_luver; 04-18-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Thread Information