Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Chris

Unhappy MOMO Depth Dilemma

Planning to purchase MM 465 Component Systems (6.5")

I have a Honda Accord Coupe 2000 and I've read several places that my mounting depth for the front door and rear deck is roughly 2 inches.
    On inspection of the specifications (depth), it's 2.81" for the tweeter and 3.06" for the woofer, which are humongus. Can I somehow fit them in? Or will any effort me detrimental to the

Thanks,
    Chris

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Chris,
    You will need to construct a 1/2 inch spacer ring to accommodate the depth requirement for this driver. If the factory bracket has an encapsulated drip-guard, simply cut it off even with the black
    mounting ring. Then install the "spacer" to the factory bracket.
    Double check the clearance between the driver and the factory grille and check the back clearance of the driver's magnet and window mechanism before finalizing the installation. I would recommend using ABS plastic, or a marine grade plywood to make them.

The depth of the tweeter should not be a problem. You may need to modify the opening or make a bracket to install the tweeters.

Install the crossover on the back part of the door panel if possible. Do not install them inside of the door due to potential water damage.

If you have any questions, give us a call at 800-377-7655 between the hours of 9 AM to 6 PM Eatsern time and we will be glad to help.

Happy Installing!!
    Kim, Polk Audio

Haha... that all just went over my head.

Anyway, I was just wondering if it was possible. So that would be a yes, thankyou for your prompt reply.

Do most Car installation places offer these kind of tools and kits?
    Or are they home crafted stuff?

Chris

Polk Customer Service

Chris,
    You might want to see if you can locate a Metra dealer.
    You will need to find a spacer ring that has a inner mountiing diameter of 6 inches. They offer 2 different models.
    The 1/2 spacer is model number 82-4400 and the 1 inch spacer is model number 82-4300. You can reach them at 800-221-0932. Make sure that the inner diamer is correct before buying these.

Thanks,
    Kim

YOU CAN UNSCREW THE BACK OF THE WOOFER. I MIGHT HAVE TO DO IT IN MY CAMRY TO GET MY 6.5'S IN.

Thread Information