I just moved, and installed my HT in the new condo. Basically, I have whatever is in my signature:
* Sony STR-DA333ES receiver.
* Samsung DVD-HD941 is the source. Belkin optical cable and AR 6-channel analog interconnects.
* RT1000p - mains.
* CS245 - center (I'll bring CS400 from Houston to Toronto only in July).
* R15 in the back.
* NHT SubTwo sub.
* 12 AWG speaker cables with banana plugs.
Problem: I really do not hear the highs that I'd expect to hear. I tried multiple discs - Deep Purple DVD-Audio, Queen 5.1 DTS DVD, various audio CDs in stereo, etc.
[EDIT]By high frequencies I mean something like cimballs or highs when the drummer is playing on the plates. [/edit]
This receiver does have an equalizer option, where I increased power to high frequencies in mains and in center, but it didn't help much.
- I cannot modify the room, so I am stuck with whatever acoustics.
- No funds right now to add separate amp (I just bought my new place!), but I'd think 80 Watts per channel out of Sony ES receiver should be enough to drive these speakers.
Are there any "easy fixes" that I am missing? I did buy HT setup DVD with sound meter, but didn't get a chance to properly setup anything (until next month).