Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Prayers sent.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I was thinking about what it must have been to live in the old days. I think the biggest luxury we have now is the invention of Air Condition, I dont see how people back in the day could have slept in this florida heat & humidity at night.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by ben62670 View Post
    Just an update Grandma is doing so much better. She is going to the hospital today to get an X-ray of her ankle. She may have a fracture just from standing on it. She is 93. Her spirits are good, and she is much better.
    Thanks for the prayer's. They really helped.
    Ben

Come on you can tell us, she did it kicking you in the ass, didn't she? :D JK of course.

I wish her, you and yours the best. I know exactly how you feel, I have been in those same shoes you are in now with my dad and grand parents (grand parents were also farmers all their lives) it is a real test of ones inner strength when things like this come to the forefront. I just hope your family is not the same as parts of mine (totally heartless materialistic pricks).

Wishing you well

Dave

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Thanks Dave!
    She hasn't been able to catch me since I was about 5. Well except this one time, but we don't need to talk about that.

Well another update. The doctors confirmed that she had a mini stroke, and they can't administrate any more meds. That is why she couldn't move either of her feet the other day. She is still in good spirits, and is getting visits from family. The tough thing for her is saying goodbye. She is now feeling ready to pass on. She knows where she is going, and the fear has been alleviated by many prayers.
    Thanks guys for the continual prayer.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Well guys I have to go to CT. 1050 miles with a 3 yo, and a 5 yo. I am not looking forward to the drive. My Grandmother has taken a turn for the worse. Nothing serious, but she has been really wanting me to come up so she can say good by. My aunt takes care of her, and she is really struggling with the thought of Mom passing. She is suffering real bad with depression, and has mentioned suicide. I am leaving tomorrow, and driving straight through. I figure it's better to drive when they are sleeping. Prayers for safety, the family, and a good trip will be appreciated. This is going to be a tough one. My car has 160k on it so I really hope we have no issues getting stuck somewhere.
    Thanks
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

You and yours have our prayers Ben. Take it easy driving with that precious cargo aboard.

Well Grandma is finally on her way out. She can't talk anymore, eating very little, and her hearing has all but gone. I am going to see her one last time in CT. She went from the hospital to a nursing home. We wanted her to go home, but there was no way my Aunt could continue caring for her. Hopefully she passes in her sleep. I know it is selfish, but I hope that she passes before I get there with the girls. My mom has a timeshare in FLA that we would like to get her to just to get away.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben

Banned

Sorry to hear Ben, we'll pray for a peaceful passing. God Bless Her!

Thankfully we know where she is going. We can't believe she has stuck around for so long!
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (12)

God bless your family Ben... Since coming to this forum, I have witnessed some of the struggles you have gone through and only wish you and your kin the very best. I know the feeling as my grandmother is well past 90 now as well, and each time I see her I know it may be the last.

I shall pray for her and for your family. Take the best of care my friend.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Prayers sent for you and your family :(

Thanks for the prayers. I have a 17hr drive coming up with a 4 and 6 year old
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (37)

God bless. Prayers sent for your family and for a safe trip for you and your kids.

Member Sales Rating: (25)

Sorry to hear about your grandma Ben, I wish you the best.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D

BTW She just turned 95!
    Thanks
    Ben

BTW She just turned 95!
    This is one of the best threads I have every read on this forum. In my opinion, it actually says a lot about the original poster as an individual for having so much respect for his grandparent. She must be one hell of women to live that long, and I wish her, and your family nothing, but the best.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Best hopes, thoughts and wishes for a life lived 'well'. Have a good trip. I know what that's like. I drove from Maine to Atlanta a couple of years back with a nine year old.

I've been to Storrs many times...interesting history there. And I always pass it on the highway when I go home to visit my parents in Pa. Alas, both have been gone for over a year now. I was barely old enough to remember my grandmother..she went back to the old country when I was 7 and died when I reached my teens. Only my sister and I are left now.

Take care.

cnh

Have a safe trip Ben and my heart goes out to you and yours. Lost a Grandma in '06 and while I was deployed, but luckily got to go home to Ct. for the funeral. Then lost a Grampa in '09, so I can sympathize. God Bless you and yours Ben.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D

Member Sales Rating: (2)

So sorry to hear about ytour grandmother Ben. Have a safe trip up and let us know if you need anything.

Sorry to hear Ben,best wishes for grandma.
    Whenever I am at a party and I see an older man or woman sitting in a corner,I make it a point to pull up a chair and engage that person in conversation. Our elderly are walking history books and soo much can be learned from simply talking to them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Sorry to hear Ben,best wishes for grandma.
    Whenever I am at a party and I see an older man or woman sitting in a corner,I make it a point to pull up a chair and engage that person in conversation. Our elderly are walking history books and soo much can be learned from simply talking to them.
    I do the same thing Tony. I love talking to the old timers they have so much wisdon to offer and their take on things is life is priceless.

Keep the rubber side down on your trip, be safe, and best wishes.
    Ht vm30 vm20 rt10 cs10 micro pro 3000 Pioneer sc57 sunfire 5 x 200 panasonic 65"
    garage rig monitor 10s crossovers by VR3, dynamat, RDO-194's. psw 111 Pioneer 8500 II Pioneer BDP53fd 100 " screen Nakamichi HD projector

Well my Grandmother has decided it's time to go. She hasn't been eating or drinking. She had an IV to keep her alive, but after some talking she wants it removed. My aunt and my mom both agreed to her wishes. I hope I get there in time. I am now leaving Saturday instead of today. I checked all the fluids and did an oil change. The car is packed and ready to go.
    Thanks
    Ben

life is precious... John Forsythe was also 92
    Rest in Peace

Grandma's are indeed very special. I lived with mine when I was 11 and she was 80.
    She passed away at 90 about 29 years ago.
    Yes, there were many stories and I miss them and her very much.
    She believed that the moon landing was pure Hollywood. Well maybe so.

Member Sales Rating: (23)

Well my Grandmother has decided it's time to go. She hasn't been eating or drinking. She had an IV to keep her alive, but after some talking she wants it removed. My aunt and my mom both agreed to her wishes. I hope I get there in time. I am now leaving Saturday instead of today. I checked all the fluids and did an oil change. The car is packed and ready to go.
    I can relate to this as my Grandma who was married for 74 yrs and lived to 98.After Gramps passed she was fine for a year or 2 but then just didnt want to live..she would tell me shes experinced every thing shes ever.... wanted lived a great fullfilling life and now was her time to leave...every day she would pray not to awake the next...and as sad as it made me feel, I understood....she passed with family around her in what seemed a most peaceful way....I had the pleasure of being around her the last 5 years and now I can only hope to go as peaceful and happy as she..............
    Best wishes on your travel North Ben

Grandmas are special indeed, try to make it if you can to see her out. So much knowledge and the history they have experienced is what make them so special. I love to hear stories about growing up, etc. It's just like "WOW", they really have been through so much. Prayers sent your way bro.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

Well she passed peacefully.
    Thanks guys.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (2)

My condolences for your loss Ben.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Prayers and condolences to you and your family, Ben.

Thread Information