somehow i have feared this happening. copious candles set the mood, for sure, but they sure have a large potential for tragic occurrence.
last night, evidently a candle blown out by the cutely intoxicated female of the house SPLATTERED WAX onto an album that had just finished playing. it isnt like wax was poured on, but there are several wax droplets that must have been pretty warm when they landed, as they are very very thin and spread out. i didnt notice until today when i was refiling music.
the best solution i can come up with is using a junk cartridge to "play" it out, which i have. has to be a better solution. the plate is average white band, cut the cake; there are some good tracks on there and the vinyl *was* is pristine condition.
sigh. it is always something.