Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by I-SIG View Post
    All these will be for first reflection points. I have a lot of sheetrock and tile, so I'm starting with nearly all first reflection points.
    Wes
    How many first reflection points are there in a room?

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I have 2 side walls, 2 back walls, and a ceiling, so I would say for my area, I have 5 surfaces for first reflections straight from the SRS's. My room is so lively I want to not just treat those points, but treat a majority of the surface to deaden the room some.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Another option to save money is ... You guessed it "Acoustic ceiling tiles" Most music rooms in our schools are finished with this system and concealed kerfs to literally soundproof the room.
    I plan on using 1" thick 4'X4" ceiling tiles by Armstrong that use a paintable cloth finish and make my own frames for it. BTW the tile is NRC 90!. I am in the industry and I get a break on the pricing which is still pretty affordable if you buy from a commercial supplier vs the Home depot way.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Quote Originally Posted by michael_w View Post
    Get an area rug to throw between you and the speakers. It'll tame it down a LOT. Kills the hardwood feel and look, but it should sound better if them being bright is a concern if yours.
    +1. This will help a lot. Get a large , thick, shaggy one.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut4772 View Post
    +1. This will help a lot. Get a large , thick, shaggy one.
    The rug I have is tearing up and is the opposite of thick and shaggy. I'm thinking about getting a runner for behind the couch also.

Wes

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Sal,

I just saw that ATS put your pictures on their page. Congrats and nice stuff.

When the tax return gets here (or maybe a little before ;)) I'm gonna buy 8-Coffee series (dining room/far away back wall), 6-Ivory 24x48x2 (mostly for the the ceiling), 2-Ivory 24x24x4 (open back for a bass trap), 3-Sand Squares 24x24x2.

All these will be for first reflection points. I have a lot of sheetrock and tile, so I'm starting with nearly all first reflection points.

Wes
    Not to put you off a project, but I'm really impressed with that foam-sealant tweak that DarqueKnight detailed. It's low-budget, quick to do, and really closed off the harsh sonic brightness from my RTA11T's on a hardwood floor.

Granted, these guys are junior versions of your big SDA's, but they still put out a very healthy volume of sound.

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Here is a link to my setup, we just installed 5 2" OC 705, wife made the covers. Made a nice difference in sound and they look pretty good IMHO.

Found the OC 2" 705 for $13 local.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=91952
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (20)

My room is very reflective but the house is a rental so I am limited. I have a couple of Real Traps behind the front stage ( really more for looks but hopefully to attenuate some reflection even though they are not really high frequency traps) and the rug. The rug really helped a ton.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by John30_30 View Post
    Not to put you off a project, but I'm really impressed with that foam-sealant tweak that DarqueKnight detailed. It's low-budget, quick to do, and really closed off the harsh sonic brightness from my RTA11T's on a hardwood floor.

Granted, these guys are junior versions of your big SDA's, but they still put out a very healthy volume of sound.
    That's gonna have to come later as that won't tame my room one lick. It's on the to-do-list, though, as Shrek says.

Wes

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Sal,

I just saw that ATS put your pictures on their page. Congrats and nice stuff.

When the tax return gets here (or maybe a little before ;)) I'm gonna buy 8-Coffee series (dining room/far away back wall), 6-Ivory 24x48x2 (mostly for the the ceiling), 2-Ivory 24x24x4 (open back for a bass trap), 3-Sand Squares 24x24x2.

Wes

Sound Great Wes,

The ATS panels are a good choice, they are inexpensive enough that making them myself just wasn't worth it. And they really work. I just took mine down to move them to my new place and what difference they made, my living is full of echoes now and you can hear the hardwood floor creaking as you walk on it. Before you couldn't hear the hard wood floor creak!

Sal
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    Sound Great Wes,

now and you can hear the hardwood floor creaking as you walk on it. Before you couldn't hear the hard wood floor creak!

Sal
    How much weight did you gain?:D

Thread Information