Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default where to install speakers on the wall??

Ok i asked this question but only got one response, which is great but now i have read other posts where the rears position being at ear level or just above wasnt good?? My rears are just about right at ear level or a few inches up and when i sit on my couch in the center of the rears they are about 6 feet or so away on each side so should these be higher or stay where there at? Let me know so i can make some changes or not. Thanks
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC

Member Sales Rating: (1)

It depends. Near ear-level gives you a more direct sound and 6ft up gives a more diffuse sound. If you sit against the back wall of your room, try facing them against the back wall at a 45 degree angle. This works best for me because mine are a little over ear-level and I sit against the back wall. The best thing for you to do is experiment because room acoustics plays a major role on how your surrounds will sound. If you don't like the direct sound but can't mount the speakers at least 6 ft, try laying them on their backs facing the ceiling. I tried that and it wasn't too bad.

Maurice

Member Sales Rating: (2)

you mean 6 feet up from the floor? or six feet higher then ear level? They are like 4 feet from the floor now, so i can easily go another 2 foot up if thats what you mean, Thanks and let me know
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Yep, you got it! Raise them to 6ft from the floor. This set up usually gives you the best sound with direct-radiating surrounds. At 6ft high, they should be facing eachothe with the sound radiating right above your head. I tried this set-up before and it really makes you feel like you're in a large theater. Try it and tell us what you think.

Maurice

Thread Information