Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default I went to the Bose store. I bought a pair of speakers.

Today the wife, daughter & I went to the mall. They had a Bose store there. I had to go in. The wife and daughter went on their way and let me do my thing.

The first pair I listened to were the (in)famous 901s. While they didn't sound horrid or anything, the $1500 price tag was way out of line. One of the 6 lurking salespeople came up and said "Awesome huh". I told here that they weren't bad, but were kinda lacking in the low and top ends and that there was an odd 'compressed' sound that I wasn't used to.

Next up was the theater demo. If you haven't sat through one of these you should. It's kinda funny. They had a little theater room set up with a projector and their speakers. They didn't actually have any DVDs to do a normal demo with.

After leaving I went to Radio Shack a few stores down and picked up some wide-range drivers @ $2.98ea. These are the same as the Fostex FE103e.
    Make it Funky! :)

Damn dude, your thread subject scared the **** out of me. I thought you now have 6 ominous cubes around your HT that shouts disharmony into twin untrained ears. I heard them before and they are way overpriced. I'd rather get a cheaper Sony speaker system.

Are those car speakers you picked up. That's a very good price.

Maurice
    Last edited by organ; 09-22-2002 at 03:21 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Yeah..I went to one of the demonstrations. Life was the theme and they had six *nice* slide projectors for images.
    The guy who watched it with me didn't know dog **** from apple sauce when it came to audio, and even he said "wow..that leaves a lot to be wanted for 3 grand."
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend

These aren't car speakers. They're 8hm, 4W RMS, & 8W MAX. They were originally $12.99ea but are close-out. It's time to build some rear loaded horns.
    Last edited by gidrah; 09-23-2002 at 01:18 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Are those the 5.25" model?

Mark, I'll have your 'care package' out this week. 4 fr drivers, a couple Motorola Piezos, some ports, some terminals....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Default Re: I went to the Bose store. I bought a pair of speakers.

Originally posted by gidrah

After leaving I went to Radio Shack a few stores down and picked up some wide-range drivers @ $2.98ea. These are the same as the Fostex FE103e.
    Madisound sells those Fostex for about $30... I'm curious how RS would be able to sell the "same" for $3??

Russ- Sounds great. I've been collecting enough of those iso-pad thingies to give for door prizes at the Texas Polkster Gathering. Make sure Troy gets some in his next shipment/visit.

The drivers I got are the little 4" models. I was originally thinking about doing Voight Pipes, but did some research and will probably do some Buschorns (MK II).
    http://hometown.aol.de/hphinder/homepage/index.html
    http://www.planet-interkom.de/tahlersm/E_projs.htm#BH The piezoes can finish off the top end.
    There's some idea of what I'm thinking of doing. When I get 4 drivers, I'll probably do a push-pull horn. I can't wait.

Burdette- One is Radio Shack, the other is Fostex. The RS that I have (purple & white box) isn't quite the same, but is built 'according to' the Fostex. Some people swear by the 2-tone blue box version. The model # is the same, but the specs and tone are different. They're also clse-outs. These are no Lowthers, but if Bose built a psuedo-Lowther for $3.00, I'd buy a boat load.

ANYBODY: If you happen to stop by your local RatShack and see some #1354 Full range speakers. Buy them! They can be had for about $.98. I'll pay 10X or more. My locals are cleaned out.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Mark, I checked a couple local rat shacks here, no luck.

Did you get the last 2 drivers? I have some XTS-25's and one is buzzing, and they use that same driver. What I'm getting at, is if you are out and about, pick me up a pair, would ya?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

They were the last ones. There are other RatShacks in the area and will keep you in mind.

Thread Information