i have an mtx tc2002 hooked up to a rockford fosgate 10" p2
200 watts rms 400 peak
thats exactly the power rating of the driver
i have the amped bridged and the driver is 4 ohms according to the manual as long as its 4 ohms you can bridge it
i had 8 gauge wiring but the amp started to overheat so i switched it for 4 gauge
but the problem is not gone i will be listening to music with the sub at a moderate level (i'm not one of those people that you can hear coming from a mile away) for about half an hour to an hour i would say, and all of a sudden the amp will shut off, then after about half a minute it will turn on again then after about 5 minutes it will turn off again and that cycle continues.
i noticed that the amp gets so how that when i touch it it practically burns my fingers off!!
is this an amp problem? does the gauge of the wire going from the amp to the sub matter?(i have 12 gauge)
would a fan fix this? if so can someone recommend one?