Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    87

    Default Just sold my old speakers last night. Lets Deal!!

    I still need a center channel to match my LSi9s, I need a mono to drive that center.
    Last edited by mox; 08-09-2007 at 11:41 AM.

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (25)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mox View Post
    Got a fat paypal with a couple extra grrrrrr to spend that the wife knows nothing about.
    I still need a center channel to match my LSi9s, I need a mono to drive that center.
    Hmmm... How much power do you want for your center? I happen to have a 2 channel amp that was designed to run mono that is unobtrusive and cheap lol. It is 130 wpc x2 into 8 ohms 270 w into 8 ohms mono and 360 w into 6 ohms mono. 440 w into 4 ohms mono. here is a link to a pic of the inside that I posted in a different thread. http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52784

    REGARDS SNOW
    Last edited by snow; 08-09-2007 at 11:27 AM.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    87

    Default

    what type of amp is that you were modifying.
    i'm sure your very good at working on those but it would make nervous buying a modified amp. Got any unmodified adcom monos?

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,277

    Default

    Maybe I'm missing something, but I doubt it as my reading comprehension is excellent. The amp is a Kenwood KM-X1000 and there are no mods.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  5. #5
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I doubt it as my reading comprehension is excellent. The amp is a Kenwood KM-X1000 and there are no mods.
    your right, it is a kenwood. i didnt make out the emblem on the front until i looked closer.
    i assumed he made a mod when he stated he hooked a jumper wire up to the amp. looks like he had to top off doing something to it.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (40)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    18,401

    Default

    I've got some things, but I don't want you to commit to anything then change your mind.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    87

    Default

    ok. i promise to play fair.

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In A Van Down By The River
    Posts
    21,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mox View Post
    your right, it is a kenwood. i didnt make out the emblem on the front until i looked closer.
    i assumed he made a mod when he stated he hooked a jumper wire up to the amp. looks like he had to top off doing something to it.
    He is running SDA's and when you run mono blocks you have to tie (jumper) the negative speaker terminals together (if the manufacturer says it's ok to do so) to make the (2) mono blocks common ground so you don't ruin the speakers. No mods done and I'm sure the top was off for effect. I love to look at the internals of gear when I first get it.

    So you were incorrect to assume he had modded something. He just rigged it so it would work in his particular situation.

    H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

    Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (25)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    He is running SDA's and when you run mono blocks you have to tie (jumper) the negative speaker terminals together (if the manufacturer says it's ok to do so) to make the (2) mono blocks common ground so you don't ruin the speakers. No mods done and I'm sure the top was off for effect. I love to look at the internals of gear when I first get it.

    So you were incorrect to assume he had modded something. He just rigged it so it would work in his particular situation.

    H9
    Yes H9 and F1 both are correct no mods done on this amp and it is a kenwood. I simply done as mentioned above.

    If you are interested let me know and I will post a for sale ad in the flea market. this amp is kind of ugly but it works well and has the thx logo for whatever thats worth.

    Its not something I need to get rid of but its not something I need to keep either:D anyways for $50.00 + shipping it can be yours.

    If you are looking for something nicer im sure Russman has something far superior to this amp. This is a very simple amp and as mentioned it is ugly but it does work well.

    REGARDS SNOW
    Last edited by snow; 08-09-2007 at 05:28 PM.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    Yes H9 and F1 both are correct no mods done on this amp and it is a kenwood. I simply done as mentioned above.

    If you are interested let me know and I will post a for sale ad in the flea market. this amp is kind of ugly but it works well and has the thx logo for whatever thats worth.

    Its not something I need to get rid of but its not something I need to keep either:D anyways for $50.00 + shipping it can be yours.

    If you are looking for something nicer im sure Russman has something far superior to this amp. This is a very simple amp and as mentioned it is ugly but it does work well.

    REGARDS SNOW
    thanks Snow. That sounds like a great price.
    I am currently bidding on 2 Rotels on ebay so I will let you know if I dont land one of those.

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    LSU, Louisiana "In a galaxy far far away"
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    Yes H9 and F1 both are correct no mods done on this amp and it is a kenwood. I simply done as mentioned above.

    If you are interested let me know and I will post a for sale ad in the flea market. this amp is kind of ugly but it works well and has the thx logo for whatever thats worth.

    Its not something I need to get rid of but its not something I need to keep either:D anyways for $50.00 + shipping it can be yours.

    If you are looking for something nicer im sure Russman has something far superior to this amp. This is a very simple amp and as mentioned it is ugly but it does work well.

    REGARDS SNOW


    Hmmmmmm....I do need an amp for my outdoor speakers.

    How much does it weigh?
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000


    Dont BAN me Bro!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Polk speakers sold in pairs?
    By kcrossley in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 11:57 AM
  2. XM Sold to Sirius in $4.6 Billion Stock Deal
    By Demiurge in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 06:08 AM
  3. weirdness with speakers last night
    By pmckeealaska in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 12:38 AM
  4. Hell of a night in the Sports world last night
    By ND13 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 11:18 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 02:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts