Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Talking GNX 124 box plan????

Has anybody used the GNX124 in a bandpass??? I don't have monster power but I want to feel the bass like I had 1000 watts going to them. I have 2 GNX124's and a 400 watt amp to push them. Ideas anybody???
    Thanks

Polk Customer Service

Here is a dual GNX124 iso push pull band pass.

Thanks,
    Kim
    Attached Files

Default Attn: Kim

I am unable to load the attachment you sent. Something about my graphics conversion filter??? is there a web address that I can go to??? or could you e-mail me the info in a different form???? I would really like to see this box design, as you have my full attention
    Thanks
    thoffmann

Polk Customer Service

This is a "Microsoft Word" document. Option # 2, send me a fax number and I will send you the plans.

Thanks,
    Kim

Polk Customer Service

The sealed chamber # 1 internal volume is .95 cubic feet. Chamber # 2 ( the vented one ) has a internal volume of 1.5 cubic feet. Chamber 2 is tuned with ( 2 ) 4 inch inner diameter ports that are 12 inches in length.
    The external dimension are using 3/4 inch MDF are ;
    16" high x 27 3/8" wide x 16" deep. The drivers will be mounted face to face separated by the dividing panel ( need long screws for this ) and the driver in chamber 2 will be wired out of phase.

Kim

Question

Would it be possible to have 1 six inch port instead of 2 4 inch ports? If so how long would the 6 inch port need to be???
    Thanks
    thoffmann

Polk Customer Service

If you were to use a 6 inch inner diameter port with a lehgth of 12 inches, then this will tune the enclosure to 54 Hertz and the vent air velocity will be a little lower. At 150 Watts the vent air velocity at the tuning frequency is less than 9 mm a second.
    The two 4 inch diameter ports, 12 inches in length will tune the enclosure to 52.9 Hertz and the vent air velocity is raised only by 1 mm a second to a level of 10 mm a second with a 150 Watts applied at this is at the tuning frequency. Just make sure to round over any rough edges on the port tube to minimize turbulence.

Thanks,
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    then this will tune the enclosure to 54 Hertz and the vent air velocity will be a little lower. ...
    The two 4 inch diameter ports, 12 inches in length will tune the enclosure to 52.9 Hertz

anytime anybody bitches about current model polk stuff - they should be shot in the foot and then made to read the above post and realize the error of their ways.

"we've come a long way baby".

the new DB12 slot port box by polk plays (on paper) down to 27 hertz - even if you play devil's advocate and throw a little fudge in there - call it 30 hertz - you're still in "happy bass land" - still in kicking ass territory... a 50-something hertz resonant box frequency for the above mentioned GNX's is utterly sickening.

why am i reading old posts? i dunno - its 1:15 in the morning and i'm tired.
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag

....memories...

Thread Information