+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mustang GT

Member Sales Rating: (2)

plus what "performance" car wants to be compared to a Miata lol

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by 66chevyIISS View Post
    plus what "performance" car wants to be compared to a Miata lol
    True. Miatas aren't powerful, but they are still a great drive. I would love to one day have a Miata SCCA track car.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Chiming in......

Well, I have to say this thread has struck home for me. I'm a long time Ford fan and multi Mustang owner over the years. I have attached a picture of my latest purchase from Feb'07. It's been a good car so far. Plenty of power, 5 speed, posi and no engine mod's, yet.... It's just a fun car to drive. I did install a Street Scene grille because I like the look of the '67 Shelby's and it seperates this car from others out on the street.

Here's a pic:

Good luck with yours!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by C3 Audio; 08-29-2007 at 11:40 AM.
    Conrad Johnson PV14L
    Rotel RCD-1072 CDP
    Carver TFM-25
    Polk SDA 1C's with upgraded xovers

Member Sales Rating: (5)

i like that car C3, might ask you more details about that grill down the road :)
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Get a new Mustang but get it done by Jack Roush.....those stage 3 packages look wild!

Quote Originally Posted by C3 Audio View Post
    Well, I have to say this thread has struck home for me. I'm a long time Ford fan and multi Mustang owner over the years. I have attached a picture of my latest purchase from Feb'07.
    Bring it down to KCIR for Midwest Ford Fest!
    http://www.midamericacobra.org/index...=content&id=21

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Quote Originally Posted by PolkThug View Post
    Let me know when you're ready to mod it!

Get option 13D (spoiler delete)
    Looks good! The new Mustang is one of the few sports cars I like without a spoiler.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

The current Roush Stage 3 supercharger is outdated. If you like Roush, get a Stage 2 then add a Kenne Bell or a Saleen twinscrew.

Quote Originally Posted by ohskigod View Post
    i like that car C3, might ask you more details about that grill down the road :)
    You can purchase the grille from just about any Ford parts dealer. The price is comparable to any I found on the internet. About $200.00 if I remember correctly. If you get one, open it at the dealer and check the tabs that hold the grille into the front of the car. One of mine was broken and they gave me another one that was fine. Might save you some headaches. This is the same grille the Ford dealers use on the GT350’s.
    The fog light bezels are from Mustangs Unlimited, part # SS73100 01 for about $40.00. They mount to the grille with a good bead of silicone. It works pretty well.
    Conrad Johnson PV14L
    Rotel RCD-1072 CDP
    Carver TFM-25

Default Kcir......

Bring it down to KCIR for Midwest Ford Fest!
    http://www.midamericacobra.org/index...=content&id=21
    KCIR, it's been a long time since I was out there. I went to college in KC. Great town! Noland road was always a Friday/Saturday night hot spot. I'd like to get back over there. Maybe next year, I already have plans for the weekend of the 8/9th. Thanks for the invite though, I'm sure it will be a blast.
    Conrad Johnson PV14L
    Rotel RCD-1072 CDP
    Carver TFM-25

Member Sales Rating: (31)

I heard KCIR stands for Kansas City Ice Rink. :D

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobliss View Post
    A Roush? Nuh-hu. A lot of the 'suped up' models are just graphics and extra weight in terms of look-good trim.
    What models? If you are talking about the Roush, yeah, more weight maybe but the power from that engine exhaust will blow your pants off if you are standing directly behind it. Had the chance to spin some wheels last year, but declined.

Lou, my best friends next door neighbor just bought the same exact model/ color Mustang [stick] about three months ago. Turned the corner, foot got heavy and discovered that they are pretty damn admirable. Lost some rubber on the way and was still spinning in second. When she finally grabbed, good times man. You should have a lot of fun with this toy.

The sqirrelin' of the back end has been improved over the '85-'87 versions and the suspension is tight. Good stuff.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Not my type of car but it does look very good. Good luck and enjoy!

well boys, the deed is done.

sgned the papers. dealer has to swap the car from another dealer, but I got grabber orange, gt premium. 5 speed. no racing stripes, but thats why god invented aftermarket. 17" tires, but I would want to get my own tires and rims anyway. ahouls hopefully have it by the weekend.

only option I wanted but could not get was the limited slip rear, oh well, seems people change the gear ratio's anyway, that will be a tweak down the road.
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Sweet, man! Congrats! Pictures, and tons of them, and a review are MANDATORY! And a few videos (exhaust, acceleration, flyby) are welcome, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Quote Originally Posted by cmy330go View Post
    If you're annoyed by the squeaks in the Volvo....You're going to go MAD in a mustang. Sure it's gonna seem fairly tight and solid when you drive it off the lot, but it's going to go down hill quickly after that.
    Funny, I just sold my "94 GT w over 160K on it, and it didn't have a single squeak. Just depends on how they are maintained.

Congrats, Lou!!! I know you'll get many years of trouble free fun.
    Last edited by ND13; 08-30-2007 at 08:17 AM.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"

Congrats! Don't add stripes.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW TOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI. frame connectors really tighten the mustag's chassis. It will feel and handle much better after this cheap add-on. The strut tower brace is also a big cheap improvement.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880

Member Sales Rating: (8)

This is what Lou will be pimpin' in a couple of days....

"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Lou cant wait to ride in it this weekend when i come up. Congrats bud.

Congrats! Don't add stripes.
    hmmmmmm, i dont know man, black stripes with the orange look hot man:D

there are colors I like without the stripes, like the darker red, the brighter silver (yours), and the blue

2 Channel -

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Lou the possibilities are endless....

Plain...no stripe, no scoop, no spoiler....

The whole 9 yards....

Stripes and aftermarker wheels....

Or a little of everything.....

"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Member Sales Rating: (13)

One more vote for no stripes.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

I'm usually a no stripes guy, but think that car in that color looks better with stripes.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Ditto what bobman said. That Hugger orange (which is beautiful, btw!) is just screaming for stripes!
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Get the stripes professionally painted on.........Vinyl is so for imports :D

Like my old car...haha

Quote Originally Posted by BaggedLancer View Post
    Get the stripes professionally painted on.........Vinyl is so for imports :D

Like my old car...haha
    Ditto. That and if you do, you can get custom stripes done with ghost flames or something like that which will make it uniquely yours and not like every other guy with the Grabber orange stang with stripes.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Stripes? Nah. Paint the hood flat black and the space between the rear taillights flat black. If you could get a Shaker hood like the Mach 1's had, that'd be better. A hood like this would be WAY cool!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdc-20...er-system.html

If you want limited slip, you are going to pay a bundle in the aftermarket. Here is an Eaton Posi unit for a 8.8 inch rear with 31 spline axles. I dunno what the GT comes with stock but I think it might be 28 splines on the open rear and 31 on the limited slip rear. If that's the case, you might have to change axles too. Add another $500 on top of it for that.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/lsd.html

That was a quick look though, I'm sure there are more units out there.

Add these Halibrands:

in an 18x9.5 inch size too with some hi-po rubber like a set of BFGoodrich G-Force KDW's.

You will get more power out of a reprogrammed ECM chip and a dyno tune with an exhaust system than any CAI system will give you. Spend your money on power right. A decent CAI will net you less than 5 horses tops and cost you around $400 for a brand new Mustang and do nothing more than make more noise. A new chip will run you about the same in price. Add another $175 on average for the dyno tune (best place near you to take it is JDM in Freehold) and you'll net something around 50-75 horses total along with that aftermakert exhaust. Just add a K&N air filter element and remove the silence on the air box to get that intake growl that a CAI will give you.

All of those parts should cost you less than 6 grand installed and painted where applicable and you'll have a beast of a Mustang that'll look like it just rolled off the race track at 1970's era Trans Am race. Yeah, that'd be awesome! It'd look pretty damn close to what Parnelli Jones was campaigning for Ford back then. Hell, that's what the Parnelli Jones version of the current Mustang is all about! Only your's would have REAL Halibrands, like what Shelby was runnin' on the racin' Cobras back in the 60's instead of Saleen's gigantic, faker Panasports.
    Last edited by Jstas; 08-30-2007 at 12:42 PM.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

John,

wondering when you were going to jump in brotha :D

genuinly intrigued by the black hood and rear area between lights idea. entertained the whole black hood idea, but never thought about the area behind the rear lights. interesting, because I've never seen it before.

those wheels are interesting too, retro look with the spinners. my Dad wouold have cast a heavy vote for them. do they come in black? I was leaning toward black rims, but will that be overkill with an all black hood?

ah jeez.....I guess I'd rather have a ton of options then few to little :D Dealership is supossed to be working on getting the car from the other dealer today, they better get the job done, 340 lbs dont look good angry ;)

2 Channel -

Thread Information