Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Polk Momo MM2104 Enclosure Recommendation

Hello,

I am looking at a couple prebuilt sub enclosures for a new car. Neither enclosure is the perfect size for the sub so I am trying to decide between two models.

The Polk Momo MM2104 calls for .66 cu ft air space.

Do you think the sub would sound better in a .88 cu ft enclosure or a .55 cu ft enclosure with some Polyfill added?

Thanks.

.55 im pretty sure
    2013 Toyota Prius - Planning this one out.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Be careful of these "prefab" enclosures most of them have poor build quality. If you are looking for a sealed enclosure you are better off having someone build it for you. The problem with prefab enclosures is that most of them leak and already have a predetermined size hole. This hole may or may not fit your speaker. Some boxes such as those made by Q-Logic have a rubber speaker mounting baffle that realy doesn't work that great. Plus most of them are made out of particle board. I have seen some produced in china that were constructed out of extremely dense cardboard. Spend a little more money and have one custom made. It should not cost to much since it is basically square and very small.

Get the .88
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D

Quote Originally Posted by Installer4life View Post
    Be careful of these "prefab" enclosures most of them have poor build quality. If you are looking for a sealed enclosure you are better off having someone build it for you. The problem with prefab enclosures is that most of them leak and already have a predetermined size hole. This hole may or may not fit your speaker. Some boxes such as those made by Q-Logic have a rubber speaker mounting baffle that realy doesn't work that great. Plus most of them are made out of particle board. I have seen some produced in china that were constructed out of extremely dense cardboard. Spend a little more money and have one custom made. It should not cost to much since it is basically square and very small.

Second that.. I have a Qlogic for my two MM12's. The enclosure was fairly solid but its almost like they did not even seal between the piece used to make the recess and the face. I had leaks all around the subs due to this but some silicone fixed that up.

If your going for a simple enclosure I would build it myself.

Thanks for the feedback. I went with dual 10" enclosure with .55 in ea chamber. I had these 10" Momos in my truck in a .60 space each and they sounded great. I just figured if I go with the smaller box I could add some Polyfil and they would still perform well.

Thanks.

Thread Information