Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm a believer

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default I'm a believer

Prior to discovering this forum recently I honestly never gave much thought as to interconnects & speaker wire and how they can really improve a system. Anyway, as you may be aware of, I ordered some blue jeans speaker cable last Friday (5000UE 12AWG) to replace the generic speaker wire I have been using. I got it yesterday and installed it this morning. I terminated the receiver end w/bananas and bare end on the speakers. What a difference. WoW! The bass on my RTi6's is so much more robust and the highs much more refined. Even my Yamaha NS10's which arn't really known to have alot of bass seem to have new life. I actually had to reduce the tonal controls to compensate for some vibration. I'm totally impressed with this cable and with every tweak, thanks to your posts and recommendations, my system just keeps sounding bigger and better. Thanks y'all.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Keiko

Member Sales Rating: (6)

"Those who don't know, don't know that they don't know."

Way to go man. Now prepare to hear from all the nay-sayers (who, BTW probably never tried it) about how "wire is wire" "bits is bits" and so forth...with no thought given to capacitance, impeadance, termination methods, skin effect, insulation microphonics, cable induced jitter, or wire topology. A cable IS an electrical component.

Now you have tried it, and now you know. Congrats.
    Last edited by steveinaz; 10-17-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Congrats! Little speaker wires can choke your system.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

very cool Keiko, i agree.. wires, cables, can make a difference... both good, usually.. sometimes bad.. but that's rare unless you use home depot lamp cord.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Keiko, how are you using the NS-10's? Those are nearfield studio monitors that are (frequency response) dead flat-to a fault.

I've recorded in studios that use them, and it's been said that if you can make a mix sound good on those, it'll sound good on anything. lol

Great speaks for studio use, and now getting hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by LessisNevermore View Post
    Keiko, how are you using the NS-10's? Those are nearfield studio monitors that are (frequency response) dead flat-to a fault.

I've recorded in studios that use them, and it's been said that if you can make a mix sound good on those, it'll sound good on anything. lol

Great speaks for studio use, and now getting hard to find.
    I use them as my reference speakers but they are also married up to my RTi6's. They have a nice detailed sound to me that I paticurly like. Others may not like the NS10's because they are bright in sound. Different strokes I suppose.

Steve...Thank you sir for suggesting to me to try different cables and connections when I first joined. Glad I stuck around. I've learned a few things since I've been here and can't express enough how much i enjoy the forum. Thanks again polk folks. :)

I was a big Yamaha fan in the mid-late 80's. Loved their stuff. They always had a much classier look and build to them. I ran a Yamaha C-65 and later C-85 preamp for over a decade. I also liked their 18 bit CD players of the 80's, very smooth sounding. I also had 2 Yamaha turntables, 1 was a PF-800 and the other was a linear tracking huge thing (PX-3???) can't remember the model, but it was gorgeous sounding and looking.

Yep, PX-3 here's a pic:
    Last edited by steveinaz; 10-17-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    I was a big Yamaha fan in the mid-late 80's. Loved their stuff. They always had a much classier look and build to them. I ran a Yamaha C-65 and later C-85 preamp for over a decade. I also liked their 18 bit CD players of the 80's, very smooth sounding. I also had 2 Yamaha turntables, 1 was a PF-800 and the other was a linear tracking huge thing (PX-3???) can't remember the model, but it was gorgeous sounding and looking.

Yep, PX-3 here's a pic:
    Solid! Most of my components now are Yamaha with the exception of an Audio Technica TT. Be nice to get a hold of that Steve.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Keiko, congratulations on your new cables. I am not in the nay-sayers camp, however in my experience the sound will change as the cables get broken-in. Don't know how long the blue jean cables will need but usually is 50 to 100h of continue use.

In my experience the sound start very bright and in some notes very rasp then they should settle to more open clear sound, some people even experience more detail sound.

I am hoping that after you use the cables for a week or two you continue to have the same feeback as you have now.

keep us posted.
    Current HT setup
    Mains: B&W 804s
    Center: Polk CSi5
    Surround: Polk FXi3
    Sub: Velodyne DLS-3750R
    Receiver: Pioneer SC-07
    Amplifier: Sunfire TGA5200
    TV: Sony KDS60A2020
    DBP: Sony DBP-S350
    CDP: Pioneer DV-48AV
    Interconnect cables: SignalCable analog II
    speaker cables: SignalCable Ultra Speaker Cables Bi-wire

Quote Originally Posted by olilugo View Post
    Keiko, congratulations on your new cables. I am not in the nay-sayers camp, however in my experience the sound will change as the cables get broken-in. Don't know how long the blue jean cables will need but usually is 50 to 100h of continue use.

In my experience the sound start very bright and in some notes very rasp then they should settle to more open clear sound, some people even experience more detail sound.

I am hoping that after you use the cables for a week or two you continue to have the same feeback as you have now.

keep us posted.
    Will do. I've heard that also about the 'break in' period. The nay-sayers can say what they want. I'll go with what my ears are telling me and the advice I've gotten from the ones that truely know here.

Aloha,

Keiko :)

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    I'll go with what my ears are telling me and the advice I've gotten from the ones that truely know here.

You're a wise man. Enjoy!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (26)

I'm glad for you Keiko. I love what a good SC can do for my rig. Congrat's and enjoy!;)
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    I'm glad for you Keiko. I love what a good SC can do for my rig. Congrat's and enjoy!;)
    Mahalo treitz. The Signal Cable would've been my first choice. It looks cool and from what I've read here you guys have nothing but good things to say about it. I went with the BJC simply because it's more affordable and saw it got raves too. I figured this to be a good starting point to experiment. That being said, I've been doing some serious listening tonight from SACD's to vinyl to mp3's. and I watched the David Gilmour, 'Remember that Night' DVD I bought this afternoon. I've noticed a definate improvement in seperation and clarity since I put the new cables in. I've also noted that I'm not having to turn the volume up on the receiver as high to get more sound from the speakers. I'm guessing this is a normal benefit due to the thickness of the wire and since it's still new the speakers are getting plenty of power delivered to them. I can only imagine, if in fact it does get better as the cables break in, but as it stands right now I'm completely satisfied sound wise. Next upgrade is going to be the TV. Those 42" Sony Bravia's look sweet but I need to research and save up some dough before committing. Also waiting to see what's going to happen when the new SED's are introduced hopefully early next year. Stay tuned.

BJC is good stuff, TRUE 75ohm belden cable and appropriate connectors.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Enjoy Keiko.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Thread Information