Hello, I am new to the Polk Forum and new to hi-end fidelity. I just bought, Rti70, RTi38, CSi40 and a Velodyne CHT 10 sub. I was hoping to achieve a good stereo and HT solution. I am powering this through a Sony STR-DB 940. I have several questions, please bare with me.
1. During CD playback, (seems to be a waste of the RTi38s, currently set up as HT rears) is it advisable to set these up as "B channel" speakers? any draw backs?
2. Speaker break in...is it necessary to do this asap...or can you do it gradually...I like to break in the neighbours gradual too!
3. Is the receiver I am using doing justice to my polks....or are there recommendations out there under $2,000 Can. ($1600us)?
4. Where is the best place to find info on my sub, Velodyne's on line presence seems limited?
5. Not a question just a comment. What an incredible set of speakers...dollar for dollar I am blown away.