Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Default Check out the sliding shelf

Getting to the back of your gear to change cables can be a hassle. So I found a simple solution -- a tray that slides out. Check it out...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG‎
Views:	146
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	34548   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG‎
Views:	164
Size:	389.2 KB
ID:	34549  
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I would guess that tray is very strong? and screwed in well?
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    I would guess that tray is very strong? and screwed in well?
    It's one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002BG41Q

It has a 50 lb. weight capacity, but I have about 85 lbs. on it. It's screwed into the wood very securely, so it ain't going anywhere. The shelf actually slides out 14 inches, but I'm only gonna slide it out half way.

Warning: If you're timid, on blood pressure medicine, or rarely like to try new things, don't attempt this stunt at home. :p
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Hmm...Is it me or do those wall AC outlet adapters look a little scary?
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?................. ................Sinner.

Member Sales Rating: (36)

EarlyB: You can't fool everybody on this forum. I see exactly what you are doing here. Sure the shelf will last a few weeks . . . maybe even months, but sooner or later it's gonna fail and your equipment will be damaged. And then! And then! You will have your reason to buy something new all while never appearing to Flip Flop on your previous statements. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Early B. View Post
    Well, I'll probably upgrade the HT pre/pro later this year to get the new HD capabilities, but that purchase really doesn't count. If I stick with Emotiva, I'll get 40% off, so it's a no brainer. But yeah, for 2-channel I'm done. Believe it or not, I'm getting bored with upgrading.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

You're out of your mind.

Member Sales Rating: (47)

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSqual View Post
    EarlyB: You can't fool everybody on this forum. I see exactly what you are doing here. Sure the shelf will last a few weeks . . . maybe even months, but sooner or later it's gonna fail and your equipment will be damaged. And then! And then! You will have your reason to buy something new all while never appearing to Flip Flop on your previous statements. . .
    Oh yeah,, it's coming,,like an elephant walking down the street,,, it's coming :);)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I've used this one in several installations:
    http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/roll/reb.htm

It hold a little more weight, and I do like the swiveling feature.

The one you linked to at Amazon is actually a shelf meant to be installed in a rack, so it wouldn't have the screw down capabilities that the REB19 has. The REB is a little more expensive, but they do work as advertised.
    Tschüss
    Zach

Quote Originally Posted by okiepolkie View Post
    I've used this one in several installations:
    http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/roll/reb.htm

It hold a little more weight, and I do like the swiveling feature.

The one you linked to at Amazon is actually a shelf meant to be installed in a rack, so it wouldn't have the screw down capabilities that the REB19 has. The REB is a little more expensive, but they do work as advertised.
    I like it. The swivel feature is very nice. However, at $186, it's almost double the cost of the one I got, and the REB has no ball bearing slides or a latch to keep it closed, and the shelf is 1/2 inch particle board.

I drilled four holes in the bottom plate so I could hold the unit down with screws. The steel is a heavy 16-gauge, so since the shelf is rock solid and not installed in a rack designed for computer gear, it should be able to hold a lot more weight.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by avguytx View Post
    My thoughts exactly............I was going to ask the same thing. I would be afraid of that thing melting with the current draw of all that gear.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

Quote Originally Posted by Sherardp View Post
    My thoughts exactly............I was going to ask the same thing. I would be afraid of that thing melting with the current draw of all that gear.
    Don't worry. There's a surge protector behind all of those wires. Besides, there isn't very much current flowing through the gear. The amp on that outlet is only powering a pair of rear speakers and center channel.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by avguytx View Post

It looks like one of the pictures the Fire Department uses as what not to do with elctrical outlets. I guess next we will see a bathtub installation. :)

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Does that outlet have it's own breaker? :D
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Thread Information