Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What fits???

James

Default What fits???

I have a question: I have a 2001 Honda Civic coupe and I am interested in purchasing the Polk/Momo MM465 6.5" component system. Will this fit the front door location? I am also planning to power this with the factory head unit, which is also connected to the factory six disc CD changer. If this fits, would the head unit be adequate enough to power the MM465s? In closing, which 6x9 would you recommend for the rear location?

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

James,
    The MM465's would require some custom fabricated spacer rings to accommodate the depth and the mounting diameter needed for these speakers so the window mechanism will clear the back of the speaker. You might want to look at the MM455's if you prefer a more straight forward installation. You will have to cut the back off of the plastic mounting bracket to get the speaker to fit flush into the bracket. If you need a little less depth, then you can remove the magnet cover off of the back of the speakers.
    This will save you around a 1/4 of an inch less in total depth.

Regarding powering of these components... I would strongly recommend using a external power amplifier that has a power rating of 75 to 150 Watts per channel to drive these speakers.
    Set the "hi-pass" crossover to 90 Hertz and do the same for the "low-pass" for your woofers.

For the 6x9's rear sepakers... you might want to consider making a adapter plate and install MM455's, or look at our dx9's.

Happy Installing!!
    Kim

Thread Information