I started building my phonostage yesterday. It is based on the VSPS schematic, but I used an additional gain stage as my amp only has passive volume control. I estimate this thing is giving around 58dB of gain. I tried it with the OPA2134 and OPA2228 opamps. The 2228 has more prescence and definition. It's not ready to plug into the main rig yet, but it sounds pretty damn good on my Wharfedales. It is lightyears ahead of the Realistic reciever I was using in terms of clarity, definition; theres no comparison. :)
Here is the cobbled together, electrocution hazard mess. The next mission is to find an enclosure.