Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    13,543

    Default Mac Users... Did You Get Leopard Yet???

    Whats up everyone,
    we just got another mac computer the Mac Mini for my sons room to replace a Dell desktop. He has a nice lcd 19 16x9 hd monitor and a killer set of speakers so we figured the mac mini would be very nice for him. Well it came with Leopard and I also installed it on my Imac. My Imac is a new 24 inch but I got it when it first came out and didn't get leopard. I also purchased it right before October so I couldn't get Leopard for free. So now both machines are running leopard and it made our mac experience raise up to a whole new level. I was completely happy with my Imac even before all these new features.
    It's so automatic its scary how long we sat in front of our computers doing, searching and fixing every damn thing. I could go on and on about how cool this new operating system is but I'll start off with this. It installed in about an hour and it was easier then anything I have ever done. No ******* key card to type in, no mamaging what you want installed, it just works and does its thing.
    Your mac is now better then ever. I can't get over the Email, the Time machine features. The search power is like nothing i have ever seen before. Not just powerful but stupid easy. It even has this cool ass "spaces" feature that lets you set up as many windows as you want and go bak and forth easier then ever. man I can't say enough.

    Mac's rule and thats that. In my world thats not an opnion, it's fact.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    13,543

    Default

    Go to
    www.apple.com and watch the guided tour on it. It's killer. it's even more fun and easier then it looks on there.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chanhassen, MN
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Yeah, my brother came back for midtour and had this installed on his black macbook....It is really killer. I did the same thing you did, I bought a Macbook pro about 7 days before the discount upgrade came into effect...It has a whole lot of new fun features, and coverflow for everything is awesome....I will be upgrading this week now, I was going to wait until after Christmas, but there really aren't any bugs from upgrading either...
    Quote Originally Posted by troyd
    Who cares if mainstream pop is released in SACD? In most cases, that amounts to polishing a turd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai
    Have you ever felt the legs of a female equestrian on your head?

  4. #4
    Silverti
    Guest

    Default

    I suspect its only time (and I’ve been heard its coming) that Apple will be getting attacked by establishments like the European Union for their OS (and proprietary IPOD). Apple continues to add more and more "features" to its that have competitors. When Microsoft does it (features like Internet Explorer and Media player), they get piled on by anti-trust. As Apple continues to gain market share, the word out there is that they will start getting cracked down on.

    Its still funny to me that Apple throws on the exact stuff on their os (such as the entire iTunes suite vs say MS Media Player) and don’t take any of the heat that MS does.

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA.
    Posts
    1,664

    Default

    Thanks very much, Mantis, for the great review. I've got an iMac and a MacBook, but haven't yet upgraded them. Your review is encouraging me to get on the stick.

    Thanks!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,849

    Default

    With the hundreds and hundreds of PC's I have bought/built/fixed....to this day I have never really sat down in front of a MAC and used it. I have wiggled the mouse at frys....clicked on a couple of icons..but never really used them. Is this new OS on the MAC ( Along with the hardware of course ) worth me selling off one of my new gaming PC's to give it a serious try ?

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chanhassen, MN
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowofnight View Post
    With the hundreds and hundreds of PC's I have bought/built/fixed....to this day I have never really sat down in front of a MAC and used it. I have wiggled the mouse at frys....clicked on a couple of icons..but never really used them. Is this new OS on the MAC ( Along with the hardware of course ) worth me selling off one of my new gaming PC's to give it a serious try ?
    I would say so, but if you are really into gaming then I would stick to the hell that is Vista...I think Mac excels because they are more stable than windows machines, and most people who buy a computer want it to be a somewhat worry free affair....Apple really has the easy to use thing down too, I've heard upgrading to Vista can be a damn disaster. I watched my brother, who by all standards is techno-retarded, do this in less than a hour....I did a lot of research before buying the Macbook Pro I am typing on now, and if I wanted something similar in performance to it I would have to shell out about $3300 bucks.....This bad boy was $2500 after tax, including the Applecare warranty...That was with the education discount...I can't see going back to a MS OS again...
    Quote Originally Posted by troyd
    Who cares if mainstream pop is released in SACD? In most cases, that amounts to polishing a turd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai
    Have you ever felt the legs of a female equestrian on your head?

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ayotte View Post
    I would say so, but if you are really into gaming then I would stick to the hell that is Vista...I think Mac excels because they are more stable than windows machines, and most people who buy a computer want it to be a somewhat worry free affair....Apple really has the easy to use thing down too, I've heard upgrading to Vista can be a damn disaster. I watched my brother, who by all standards is techno-retarded, do this in less than a hour....I did a lot of research before buying the Macbook Pro I am typing on now, and if I wanted something similar in performance to it I would have to shell out about $3300 bucks.....This bad boy was $2500 after tax, including the Applecare warranty...That was with the education discount...I can't see going back to a MS OS again...
    Not into gaming anymore by a longshot....its just habit that I build my pc's as powerful as the avail technology lets me...my last couple for myself have been SLI powerhouses...and maybe gamed on each one twice a month at best :o . So maybe it is time I give a Mac a try. It would more likely be a desktop machine though...I already have 12" and 17" versions of the top XPS dell laptops.

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chanhassen, MN
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    The new iMacs are nice, I like the look of them and they are pretty powerful....For the price, it is hard to find something comparable....
    Quote Originally Posted by troyd
    Who cares if mainstream pop is released in SACD? In most cases, that amounts to polishing a turd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai
    Have you ever felt the legs of a female equestrian on your head?

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    13,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BottomFeeder View Post
    Thanks very much, Mantis, for the great review. I've got an iMac and a MacBook, but haven't yet upgraded them. Your review is encouraging me to get on the stick.

    Thanks!
    Thats only the beginning. I don't know why your reading this and not out buying it?????

    Dude it's retarded how good it is.And easy to install is a complete understatement. I never had a OS just go in and work. Everything works. No drivers to update, no resetting the network, no doing anything but enjoying all the beautifulness Imac and Mac mini had filled my household with. I can move files from one mac to another on my network with no setup at all. I love it. I transferred my entire Itunes library to my sons mac mini and it took like 25 minutes. I just added it to the Itunes and the mac mini did the rest.

    It's so damn good I spend the entire day yesterday just playing with all the new features. I can't be any happier then I am now. I will never buy another PC again. We still have 2 PC's in our home with 2 Mac's. Once the other 2 computers finish crashing and wigging out, they also will be replaced with Macs .

    Dependable working exactly how they say they do. The upgrade just takes it to the next level. Just go buy it.

    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Vista users, how ya like it?
    By Strong Bad in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM
  2. Any ZoneAlarm users here?
    By opus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 07:59 PM
  3. Most users online...
    By audiobliss in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 10:03 PM
  4. ? for all amp users
    By Willow in forum Electronics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 04:09 PM
  5. Most users online
    By fabian1 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-02-2002, 04:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts