Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Exclamation DFW Area Members - Demo the Polk Audio RTiA5

That's right, pm or email me, and you can pickup the RTiA5's for a demo in YOUR home. This is available to ALL DFW local members. If you are a new member, start participating on the boards and you can jump in the demo ring too.

You need to see the new cabinets - the overall fit and finish is outstanding. Performance wise - it's amazing how refined the line has became over the years, and the new iA series really shines. Love them, hate them, all we (Polk) asks for you to post a review on the product page at the conclusion of your demo time. It doesn't need to be a 5000 word Stereophile review (which is fine!), short and simple is appreciated also.

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/p...tanding/rtia5/

DEMO COMPLETE, Stay tuned for new demo threads.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 11-02-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Ok Keith, Sami - Dallas area Polkies speak up - this is a great opportunity.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

You can put me in line for these after I'm done with the VM30's if that works. Or sometime later.....Kip
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?................. ................Sinner.

You got it Kip, thanks for participating - Polk values your (forum members) opinion, that's why we are doing this.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Spent a little more time with the A5's today. Very nice sounding speaker. I'm going to hook up the RTi6's to see how the new tweeter for the A5 compares with the old RTi line.
    Fronts - LS-90
    Center - CS-400i
    Sides - FX-1000
    Rears - AB755 (2)
    Sub - SVS 25-31 PC-Plus
    Amp - B&K AVR317

Member Sales Rating: (20)

very cool for you DFW Polkies!!

I love floorstanders.....I am really waiting to hear your collective thoughts..

Polk Audio ROCKS !!

How many other companies do you know of that would do this for thier loyal customers ?

NONE !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself)
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

My bad, the 2008 RTi series uses the same tweeter as the old RTi line. It's a good thing, because I couldn't tell the difference is sound between the the A5 and the RTi6. For fun, I did hook up the LS90's to compare tweeters to the veritable tri lam. The tri lam is very detailed. High hats come through very clearly and distinctly. A sound that I prefer at all but the highest sound levels where the LS90's can start to damage your hearing. The silk polymer tweeter in the RTi line came across sounding somewhat smoother than the tri lams. But in sounding smoother, the ring of the high hat or the crash of the symbol didn't seem as to reverberate like the tri lams. OTOH, I think the silk dome is very listenable with no worries for listening fatigue where the tri lams, specifically on music, can wear you down over extended periods of time.
    Fronts - LS-90
    Center - CS-400i
    Sides - FX-1000
    Rears - AB755 (2)
    Sub - SVS 25-31 PC-Plus
    Amp - B&K AVR317

And with that note, I'm done with the A5's. Look for a complete review soon. Next up MADGSF!.
    Fronts - LS-90
    Center - CS-400i
    Sides - FX-1000
    Rears - AB755 (2)
    Sub - SVS 25-31 PC-Plus
    Amp - B&K AVR317

Wallstreet, I am ready to get my hands on those for a listen. Not sure if they have to go through Russ or if we can just arrange a hand off.
    AVR: Elite VSX-21TXH
    Amplifier: B&K 7250 Series ii
    Misc: Velodyne SMS-1
    Mains: RTi-10
    Center: CSi-5
    Rear: Boston DSi460
    Sub: SVS PC-Ultra
    TV: Panasonic TC-P58V10
    DVD: Panasonic DMP-BD60K

Either way is fine by me - I'm off Monday and Tuesday coming up, so I can certainly bring them out to you. Walter, can I pickup sometime tomorrow before say 3pm?

Cheers,
    Russ

I am flexible too, although tomorrow afternoon is out. Not sure where you guys live, I am in Lewisville near 407 and 35.

We are both in the Stonebridge Ranch area of McKinney - just North east of Custer and 121. I'll give Walter a buzz tomorrow.

i should be around this afternoon. another option to think about. i work over by grapevine mills mall. so if madgsf is around during the day, i can drop the speakers off.
    Fronts - LS-90
    Center - CS-400i
    Sides - FX-1000
    Rears - AB755 (2)
    Sub - SVS 25-31 PC-Plus
    Amp - B&K AVR317

I work at 114 and 161 which is close to Grapevine Mills, close enough for me to run out there at lunch or after work. Not sure how big they are in the boxes, hopefully they will fit in the back seat of my Accord. I brought my RTi-10s home in the back of my previous car, a VW Passat, no problem.

I just saw this!!! :D

For those that have demo'd them, is there a difference from the RTi8's other than cabinet?

I just picked up a pair of RTi8's for cheap before they're gone as I couldn't justify near full pop for the 2008 line for looks alone. Call me "Cheap in Flower Mound"! :D

They aren't in the boxes right now, they could be - but they should transport fine in the back seat, just put a blanket under and between them. You guys tell me, lets take it to pm / email at this point.

Looks like I'm working from home tomorrow. Can do either Tuesday or Russ can pick them up today.
    Fronts - LS-90
    Center - CS-400i
    Sides - FX-1000
    Rears - AB755 (2)
    Sub - SVS 25-31 PC-Plus
    Amp - B&K AVR317

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Russman, what's the word on this demo? If you're local to the DFW area, get off your butt :)

If you have demo'd the RTiA5 loudspeaker, please ensure you posted your review in the product pages.

MADGSF has them and is finishing up his demo. I've pm'd him about a handoff to the next member.

Cool!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

So where the hell are all the reviews that you guys should be posting? I looked and just saw RonT had posted his thoughts. These speakers have been making the rounds since last year.

Sheesh what a bunch of.... Polk is nice enough to set this up so they can get some feedback for the public & you guys are falling down on the job.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Sorry this is way over due. Work has been very busy and on top of that my wife and I are shopping for a house. OK enough excuses here is my review of the RTI-A5.

As for setup they simply replaced the RTi-10s in my signature and ran behind the same amplifier. I did use a SPL meter to set the levels but that is about it.

I had the speakers in my system for over a month and got to know them very well. Compared to my RTI-10s I found them to have a better imaging and the tweeters are slightly laid back. This was very apparent the first time I hooked them up. I listened to a familiar song with my current setup, swapped the speakers and listened to the same song again. It was only a few minutes between the two and the parts where I found the tweeter bright on my RTi-10s was not on the RTi-A5. I was surprised as Polk has said there was no difference in the crossover for the two lines. I have not spent much time with the RTi-8 so I can’t say how this compares to the older speaker. However I found them to be less fatiguing than the last series. On top of this they are beautiful speakers, a huge improvement in looks over the last series.

What I did miss from my RTi-10s is the bass. I use my system for every day TV watching and I like the fact the RTi-10 set as large digs deep enough to capture the bass without need for a sub. I also like to listen to music with speakers only because I have a hard time blending the sub in for music. Bottom line a sub is needed for these speakers all the time so make it a good one.

If the RTi-A5 is any indication I think the new RTi line is a great evolution of the series. This makes me really want to get my ears on the RTi-A7 for a direct comparison to my RTi-10s.
    Last edited by MADGSF; 05-10-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by RuSsMaN View Post
    Ok Keith, Sami - Dallas area Polkies speak up - this is a great opportunity.
    I doubt I'll demo new Polk's until the LSi lineup gets an overhaul.

MADGSF, do me a favor and put your review on the product page linked in the first post.

Thanks!

Russ, so you know I submitted it yesterday but Polk reviews them before they go up on the product page.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

I agree with your Comments Russman about the New series. I found them to be excellent. I was actually shocked when we first got them in. So where the salesman. I set them up and broke them in for a week, then went back and listend. WOW what a great pair of speakers especially for that kind of money. They sound warm and clear. Not overly bright like they have over the years.

The cabinet is really nice as well, the fit and finish is top notch. I'm so impressed with them. The bookself speakers, the rears even the center channel is so much better.

Good job Polk,

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Where are these things?

Am I qualified to test them yet?

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Man, If these were closer to Houston... How long is the Demo for?
    HT:
    Projector - JVC HD100, 100" Fixed Screen, A/V Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH, Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300-EX, BluRay - Sony PS3 Looking for a gently used Oppo BD95, Speakers - RTiA9's, CSiA6, FXi A4, Sub - 12" M&K VX-1250

Living Room:
    TV - Kuro Elite PRO-111FD, Fronts.Rti10's (not connected yet), Media source, Logitech Revue

*Need to fix a used ADCOM GFA-555. Do you know where to have it services in Texas (Houston Area)?

ZERO Threshold of Hearing

not sure what dfw is but can i demo a5? itd help my decision which line i want to buy
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA

Thread Information