Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default sub inclosure divders (are they needed)

I am currently designing a sub box for two tens. Ive got the dimensions worked out to fit my subs, but I was wondering if i should put a divider in the box or does it matter.

Polk Woodpecker

The only time I use a shared chamber is if the shape of the enclosure prohibits me from dividing it evenly. If you can divide the box into seperate chambers, by all means, do it.

... if you walked into the bathroom at a local restaurant and found that while all of the toilets were walled off and had separate doors, once you got inside, there were no dividers... how would you feel?

--- give your subs their privacy --- they'll be happier ----

;) hope ya liked that one ...lol
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag

actualy..it wont make a beans of diff. if you use a divider or an open chamber.

I recomend dividers if your using 2 subs and 2 amps..since most folks dont use meters/o'scopes to level match stuff..

but other than that.. you can do it either way..wont make a beans of diff.- ONe thing it can do...is make the box more ridgid..since it will be like a brace... but thats about it
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

hmm.... so thomas does that mean you like watching other guys poop?

... its an important thing to know.. LMFAO... hehehe

**god i love messin w/ u**
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag

Gee...I dont think there is any comparison of watching others "dumping" and having subs in same chambers...lol. Besides when I went to basic..there were no STALLS...just wide open !!!!!

But on a serious note...it does not make a "poop" of diff...lol

Vinnie...you the "ANN Landers " of polk car audio now???

actually, i like to think of myself as Dear Abby and Bob Vila rolled into one nice jelly roll donut.

I never knew u were in the army dude, i wouldn't screw with u so much for fear of being pummelled.

ever since i got rid of aol i've been bored --- hence, dear abby...lmfao.
    - Anurag

Actualy...I'm ex-navy..and may be going back for the Reserves....

Vinnie..you need to get a life man... Polk website will numb the mind and sole! How the ID's?

peace Mr Abby

i've got a life -- well sort of... lol -- but between classes when i have like a 1 hour break and NOTHING to do (god forbid me studying or something productive like that) -- the forum is somethin to do..lol

how are the id's?? how are the id's...???????????/ NEED YOU EVEN ASK!!! -- they're superb, in every manner and form, in every sound and detail -- lets just say I'll never be able to shop for subwoofers at a basic retail store again.

:)
    - Anurag

Thread Information