Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: reciever

lewis

Question reciever

I have the clarion dxz 615 reciever and it doesnt have a option to change the frequency that goes to the woofer, will this be a problem if i want to get the bass to hit hard. or will the sub woofer level control on it be enough, got any tips. I also have a 800a4, is there any special way to bridge it to get the 400X2 rms in mono?

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Lewis,

This amplifier is simple to bridge. When wiring the subs in this mode, connect the positive wire from the sub to the Left positive
    on the amplifier, and connect the negative wire from the sub to the Right channel negative on the amplifier. Repeat these steps for the rear channel.

Once the connections have been made, set the adjustable low pass crossover to 80 Hertz. Then adjust the "gain" to your liking.
    I would strongly recommend not using the "Punch Bass" feature on this amp. This is a 12 dB 40 Hertz bass boost. The subs will sound their best when this control is set to the "minimum" position. Plus it will help prevent the amplifier from "clipping" when played at louder listening levels.

Thanks,
    Kim

Thread Information