Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (44)

Question Can Not Find Out Server????

"Can not find out server" Is the message I get when I try to update my toshiba hd-a2 dvd player. When it starts downloading the update it displays 1/40 2/40 and so on. When it gets to 40/40. It comes back with the message can not find out server. Does anybody no what this means. I thought it might be something on toshibas end. So I waited a week or two before trying it again and it still gives the same message. I don't have a clue. Please help.

Silverti

Look in your network settings and test your internet connection. If thats ok, check the time on the unit. Activate the setting for the unit to pull its time off the network. My A30 would not update untill I did that, the unit has to have its time set right.

I'll try it. Thanks!

Well I tryed it with no luck.:( I don't think the toshiba is picking up my ip address automatically. It says if it doesn't pick it automatically to do it manually. But I think that is more than I want to fool with. Considering I don't know much about computers. Theres a lot that needs to be put into the dvd player when done manually. IP address ,Sub MAsk Default Gateway, DNS server, and Proxy settings. I don't know what any of this is.:o If someone could help that would be great. I would really like to be able to use the ethernet feature on my dvd player. But it's starting to look like I am going to have to find a update disk. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Mine did that so I just burned the ISO file to a CD and it worked fine. Here is a thread of what it involved. Shawn474 was a big help in me getting it done.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?................. ................Sinner.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

I just used a CD

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I had to try few times to get it working.
    I kept on trying and i think on the 3rd or the 4th try it was able to download the firmware.
    Neverthless the firmware update did not do anything good to my A2.

Also I forgot to mention that I read somewhere on AVSForum to "Initalize" it before the update. But I did not initalize it as I read it after the fact.
    Last edited by malikarshad; 12-07-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Speakers- Salk SongTowers, C-SongCenter,Surr-SongSurronds1, Lsi7
    PreAmp,Amp - Integra DTC-9.8, Outlaw 770 (SC A2 IC)
    DVD - Oppo BDP-93,HD-A35
    Sub - SVS Pb2+(12.3 drivers)
    Screen- JVC HD-250 projector w/122" DIYscreen
    TV- Sony 32" XBR6
    2channel
    Logitech SqueezBox Duet w/ FLAC
    Tube Gear - Cary Audio Tube Amp (280SAV-12r)
    Compter-Music
    Speakers - Onix 0.5 ref, Sub Infinity PS10 (250 watt)
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3803

Member Sales Rating: (15)

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas812 View Post
    Well I tryed it with no luck.:( I don't think the toshiba is picking up my ip address automatically. It says if it doesn't pick it automatically to do it manually. But I think that is more than I want to fool with. Considering I don't know much about computers. Theres a lot that needs to be put into the dvd player when done manually. IP address ,Sub MAsk Default Gateway, DNS server, and Proxy settings. I don't know what any of this is.:o If someone could help that would be great. I would really like to be able to use the ethernet feature on my dvd player. But it's starting to look like I am going to have to find a update disk. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.
    Here's what you need to do. first unplug both the your modem and your player for about a minute. then plug them both back up, your modem should be back up and running by the time the player is booted up, then go into the setup menu and then go into the Ethernet set up turn on DHCP, all the numbers should filled in, and then turn on DNS and confirm everything, you shouldn't have to mess with any of the other settings, if the numbers stay filled it then you should be good to go and just go ahead and update the player, if the numbers all go blank you need to repeat the process, but it should work.
    Casey

Thanks for all of your responses but I have tryed all of that. I initialized, I tyred downloading SEVERAL times. I even tryed to burn the disc online.After I burned the disc and tryed it the dvd player didn't recognize it. I tryed that several times also. But none of it matters. I called toshiba today and they said a disc should be here in 7-10 days.:)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

enable DNS as well. Mine was doing this also.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Download the update to your hard drive. Get a new disc and follow the instructions below:

After you burn the file to your hard drive, use this program to extract the file:

http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

On the left hand side of the top of the page, select isoburner.exe and it will finalize the disc.

Pop the disc in and it will ask you if you want to update. Press "YES" and after about 25 minutes, you are updated.

This has worked for me and for everyone that I know that was having trouble.

Shawn

Download the update to your hard drive. Get a new disc and follow the instructions below:

After you burn the file to your hard drive, use this program to extract the file:

http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

On the left hand side of the top of the page, select isoburner.exe and it will finalize the disc.

Pop the disc in and it will ask you if you want to update. Press "YES" and after about 25 minutes, you are updated.

This has worked for me and for everyone that I know that was having trouble.

Shawn

Thanks man! That was just what I needed. I did exacttly what you said to do and it worked fine.:D

Thread Information