Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions Please

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Opinions Please

I found a pair of SDA SRS 2.3's thru the Chicago craigslist. The guy is asking $700 and says they're in good condition with cable. How would they stack up against the 1 C's I currently use, or should I just wait for the 1.2 tl's I really want?

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Edward,

Are they 2.3 or 2.3tl's?

If they are 2.3's then wait. But if they are 2.3tl's then buy them, that is a very good price.

There are a few people (i dare not mention names) here that claim that the 2.3TL's sound better than the 1.2tl's. I don't believe this but they are definitely better than the 1C's.

Sal
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (47)

If I were going to move from 1C's to a 2.3,I would opt for the 2.3 tl's,,just my opinion. Good luck.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (2)

If you replace the tweeters with silk domes there's less difference between the two.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

If they are 2.3TL be there yesterday with cash in hand. They are getting hard to find.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<

Still waiting for a response from this guy as to whether they are the tl's or not, already been a couple days.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    There are a few people (i dare not mention names) here that claim that the 2.3TL's sound better than the 1.2tl's. I don't believe this but they are definitely better than the 1C's.
    I don't doubt that the 2.3TL's sound better than the 1.2TL's in certain acoustic environments.
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by george daniel View Post
    If I were going to move from 1C's to a 2.3,I would opt for the 2.3 tl's,,just my opinion. Good luck.
    +1, the 1C's are great but for $700 if the 2.3's end up being the "TL" model then get them. Mint 1C's generally only go for a little less so at that price, yes. Even if they are non-TL models that's a pretty good price so then next I'd consider the condition. They need to be near mint (IMO) to spend $700 on 2.3's.

And finally the big clincher is the fact that they are local and that really makes them worth it even if they are a bit rough or a tad higher in price. For me local is always worth a bit of premium in cost. Also don;t forget your negotiating skills. With it being the Holidays maybe you could get them for $625-650.

Good luck

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (17)

They are all awesome speakers. $700 for the 2.3 is a good deal.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

I don't know what the deal is with the seller on these 2.3's. He didn't answer any of my e-mails after the initial one even though his ad was still on craigslist as of yesterday. Just checked it again a few minutes ago and the ad is gone. Oh well, I guess I'll just take it as a sign.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Bummer. Oh well, your day will come.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    They are all awesome speakers. $700 for the 2.3 is a good deal.

Yup...paid 750 for mine and they looked like they were just pulled out of the box ( Smelled that way too...came from the non-smoking house of a couple of lesbians...nice pair of girls...both at LEAST 6'3" tall and could move the 2.3's by themselves )

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowofnight View Post
    Yup...paid 750 for mine and they looked like they were just pulled out of the box ( Smelled that way too...came from the non-smoking house of a couple of lesbians...nice pair of girls...both at LEAST 6'3" tall and could move the 2.3's by themselves )
    are you sure they weren't Romanian women power lifters or something? :p :p

East German swim team.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowofnight View Post
    The mental image of that just scared the sh1t outta me.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggedLancer View Post
    The mental image of that just scared the sh1t outta me.

I hate the reality that there's wimmen out there that even though I wrestled in HS, can still kick my ass.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Hahahahaha....I am 6'5" and I rarely ever have seen ONE...much less TWO that I was damn near eye to eye with :D When I got back the email after responding to the craigslist ad , their email address was a play on words that mentioned 2 tall hot women ( Cant repeat it here for obvious reasons ) and it had their phone number to call them to set up the going over to look at them before buying.

Ok my testosterone fueled brain was thinking penthouse forum material ...bring camera...bottle of wine...etc. I get there and you know how porches sit maybe 3 to 4 inches below that step up into the house...when they opened the door and I had to actually look UP...it was a strange feeling. And to be nice...lets just say the penthouse forum expectations morphed into a jerry springer episode.

The real funny part was when I went back 2 days later to actually pick up the speakers...my best friend ( who dwarfs me ) came and him and the larger of the 2 ladies picked up the speakers and loaded them into my truck ( I am out from work with a back issue ) .

All my buddy said numerous times as we drove off was " Thats a Dude....Thats a Dude....." :D

Member Sales Rating: (11)

did either one have an adams apple? :p ;)

dude looks like a lady.. isn't that a song or something? ;)

Thread Information