Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default amps for my momo 6.5's and 2 mm120's

what are some good amps to power my momo 6.5's and my 2 mm120's? without breaking the bank.

i was told by the dealer the phoenix gold xs series was pretty good. just lookin for some infor from others.

any help is appreciated

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

If you preference is to play it LOUD, then it will depend on the type of enclosure that you plan on building for the MM120's, you can use a amplifier that has a brideged 2 Ohm mono rating of 400 to 600 watts. This power spec will work extremely well for the bandpass enclosure. The sealed would require a little more to obtain the best possible performance from these woofers.

For the components, I would recommend looking for a amplifier that has a power rating of 100 to 150 Watts per channel and has built in crossovers. set the low pass and high pass crossovers to 80 Hertz and allow 40 hours of playing music to let the drivers' suspension "break-in".

Crutchfield has a very good selection of amplifiers on sale at this time. You can reach them at (800)-955-3000 between the hours of 8 AM to Midnight Eastern time 7 days a week.

Happy Amp Hunting!!
    Kim

Thread Information