My friend is strongly considering the purchase of a projector in lieu of a flat screen TV and I said I'd help him find one. Of course, that's like the blind leading the blind because neither one of us knows a damn thing about projectors and screens. He has a perfect room for it -- a long, rectangular room in the basement. I'm guessing 12' x 28'.
Here's the scenario: his total budget for projector and screen is around $2K. Here are my questions:
1. With that budget, is it possible for him to get a picture quality that rivals a flat screen TV?
2. If so, which specific projectors or brand names do you recommend?
3. What are the pros and cons of using a projector?
4. What features should he consider for the screen and the projector?
5. Got any good website links for more info?