Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default no power to sub so replaced fuse 3 times and fuse kept on blowing????

My psw 140 sub hasn't been working for a while and I haven't had time to look into to it. Well I called polk tech support and they recommended that I take apart the sub and check the fuse. Well I did and to my surprise the fuse was blown. So I thought today was my lucky day and all I had to do is buy a new fuse and replace the bad one and I was going to have my sub back. Well I did just that and as soon as I plugged my sub in the fuse blew. So I did it again and same thing the fuse blew so I tried one more time and again for the 3rd time the fuse blew just after replacing it and plugging it into the wall. I even tried plugging it in to my surge protector and another blown fuse???? Any help with be greatly appreciated as I hope that it's something simple. Thanks

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by newbie2k8 View Post
    My psw 140 sub hasn't been working for a while and I haven't had time to look into to it. Well I called polk tech support and they recommended that I take apart the sub and check the fuse. Well I did and to my surprise the fuse was blown. So I thought today was my lucky day and all I had to do is buy a new fuse and replace the bad one and I was going to have my sub back. Well I did just that and as soon as I plugged my sub in the fuse blew. So I did it again and same thing the fuse blew so I tried one more time and again for the 3rd time the fuse blew just after replacing it and plugging it into the wall. I even tried plugging it in to my surge protector and another blown fuse???? Any help with be greatly appreciated as I hope that it's something simple. Thanks
    Hi Newbie2k8,

You might want to look at this thread it seems your problem might be the bass amplifier's circuitry:
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57105

Thread Information